Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Don't Fear the Space Commies

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Edge

Edge

Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Cool, will do. I couldn't make it to Bookery today...
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
Painnen

PostSubject: Reply   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Points?Tau or GK?
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 5:16 am

Your tau of course.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

PostSubject: Reply   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:19 am

Close close close, but eeked out a victory vs. the nasty sister/guard alliance. Mass death on my end. Played crusade + kill points + tertiaries. Won 5-4 on primary with tertiaries, and edge I was wrong on KPs. I have you credit for all 3 kroot squads and I had one left on the board so I ended up taking KPs 9-8.

So bloody though. I lost 42 kroot/hounds, all 9 of my crisis suits, both of my riptides, and my pathfinders. This game, the kroot just sucked. Nothing for them to swarm w/out facing tremendous amounts of dakka. The suits could have done better but Edge's saves were clutch 3 different times. (3/4 jink saves with 1 hp left on his flier, a 6-up on an exorsists last hp, and some GtG saves early for a shot at FB.)
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:34 am

It was a great game.

Night Fight turn 1, Vanguard, Crusade.
High casualties:

Enclave/Tau-8
2 Riptides
3 Crisis Suit teams
42 Kroot (2 full units, 1 left in third)
Pathfinders

Sisters/IG- 10
PCS + Chimera + Primaris
Vendetta + SWS
Inf Sq
BSS + Repressor
Exorcist
Saint Celestine (albeit 12" supporting fire had a little to do with her demise Smile Smile Smile )

AV13 had a factor in prolonging his Shooting.
Shield of Faith (6+ Inv) was a factor.
Barrage was a factor. (I had a squadron of Colossus but will be changing to Basilisks.)

I generally ignore the Riptides until late game. This game I concentrated on them...Exorcists and Krak grenades. My saving grace was he kept feeding me his Troops. He had 1 Kroot left on an obj.

I still had 4 Troops left. Game ended turn 5...one more turn and the outcome would have been much different. This game was a reminder for me that a turn or two of missed movt opportunities can cost you the game.

Thanks again Painnen.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

PostSubject: Reply   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:08 pm

I got Celestine once on interceptor, once in the shooting phase and once she died to over watch fire from kroot (2wounds) and then i got her last wound in HtH. Even though I did mistaking let TRY to kill her with the 12" (sorry, honest mistake) you saved the one shot that hit as I kept trying to force the ID on her and only had 3shots.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

PostSubject: Reply   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 4:04 pm

Actually I only interceptor/shot her once. T2she came in and died. Didn't get up T3. Got up 4 and took two wounds from kroot over watch. She charged then and got them to 4. T5 I shot her after you forgot to move her.
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 4:29 pm

Not trying to make you defensive...the 12" support changed my tactics a little.
I did make two movt errors that made a difference for me.
It was a great game nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

PostSubject: Reply   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:35 pm

Okie! Only defensive because it seemed like Celestine was singled out as an important part of the 12" thing. Had I thought it was 6" my change would have been to swing the kroot the other way and within 6" of both of the broadsides and not just one. The 12" for me wasn't that big of a mistake but only because it didn't effect any deaths/die rolls and I just tossed 11 kroot in a pile instead of spreading them out because I've been playing that rule wrong.

Was a greet game for sure. I'm still a little uncomfortable with Tau. With no assault aspect, I want to turtle so bad!!! Often I play it suicidal and for that reason, I think some of the suit load outs we talked about would serve me well. Thanks for the game and look forward to our next one. Much more familiar with my GK. there won't be any rules nuances thsts for sure.
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Sounds like a great game guys!!!!!!

GK.... man I hate those dudes!!!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 1:59 pm

Chris I need an email address to give you access to the site.

Welcome aboard man!
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 2:02 pm

I have it. Will send it to you in a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 5:12 pm

sent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't Fear the Space Commies
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Martial Law :: 40k Articles and Editorials-
Jump to: