Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demons in 6th edition

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drkmorals
Admin
Drkmorals

Demons in 6th edition Empty
PostSubject: Demons in 6th edition   Demons in 6th edition Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:09 pm

So Dewen is working on some demons. So I thought I would throw a little demon 101 thoughts up here so that our other club members who play demons can also chime in and add their spin and thoughts on some units. Also for a little club discussion.

So I'll start out pretty basic.

In 6th we have 3 demon builds so far that are making the rounds.

Hound bomb - which is basically hound spam with some grinders or other calv units. depending on flavor.  

Flying circus - MC's with wings in mass.. - all four God flavors can work with varying success depending on your play style and preference.

Then there are some lists that are mono god or balanced that people are playing. usally either a mix of the top two lists. or some flavor of the fast attack.

The list I played was a MC spam list, my flavor is power heavy slaanesh so far.

Fateweaver
Keeper of Secrets 2 greater gifts, level 3

10 plague bearers
10 plague bearers

demon prince, wings, armor, mark if slaanesh, greater gift, exalted gift, level 3
demon prince, wings, armor, mark if slaanesh, greater gift, exalted gift, level 3
demon prince, armor, mark if slaanesh, greater gift, level 2

CSM allies

demon prince, armor, black mace, gift of mutation, mark of zinch, wings,

10 cultists

So Mc's and 4 flyers.

I will be dropping the prince without wings and adding a Helldrake I think. This will give me some points to play with, also I will be swapping out the plague bearers I personally didn't like them.

I believe Brian prefers Zinch heavy princes, and Edge was playing Khorn.

I have been told that Hound spam works pretty well against Tau. The flying circus build has a rough match up with Tau IMO. Eldar is no walk in the park either.

Dewen speak up if you want any other info, or have any questions.
Back to top Go down
Crawling Chaos

Crawling Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Demons in 6th edition   Demons in 6th edition Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 2:23 am

There is also herald star.  I'm building toward such a list now.  Three heralds of Khorne on Juggernaughts with three regular crushers or in a unit of hounds.  Back it up with other fast units and Fateweaver.  Black mace CSM prince is good, Plague Drones, Seekers, whatever.  The point is to be in assault by turn 2 with big nasty units that wreck the house.

Fateweaver
Herald of Khorne (mount, greater, lesser)
Herald of Khorne (mount, greater, lesser)
Karanak
Herald of Tzeentch (disc, Psi3, exalted)

3 Crushers (sgt lesser, Banner of Blood)

10 bearers
2x10 horrors

15 seekers (sgt lesser)
5 plague drones (sgt 2x lesser)
5 screamers

Subject to change. I'd really like to get another exalted gift for a portal glyph. So, work on progress.
Back to top Go down
painnen

PostSubject: reply   Demons in 6th edition Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 9:55 am

Lord of Change - Lvl 3, 2x Greater Gifts, 1x Lesser Gift (Staff of Change)

Herald - Tzeentch, Lvl 3, 1x Exalted Gift (Grimoire), Conjuration
Herald - Tzeentch, Lvl 3, 1x Exalted Gift (Portaglyph), Conjuration
Herald - Tzeentch, Lvl 3

16x Horrors
16x Horrors
11x Horrors

19x Seekers
7x Screamers

Soulgrinder - Slaanesh, Torrent
Soulgrinder - Slaanesh, Torrent
Soulgrinder - Tzeentch, Phlegm

There are versions of this list running around too. Loads of shooting and some 2++ reroll action in there to boot. Personally, the hound lists are the scariest to my Tau but the others are all nasty in their own right. My GreyKnights don't mind playing Daemons of any variety but they are all close games in the end.
Back to top Go down
dewen

dewen

PostSubject: Re: Demons in 6th edition   Demons in 6th edition Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 11:02 am

Thanks for kicking this off.

Interesting that Drkmorals and Crawling Chaos both use Fateweaver.

I appears I have the start of the "hound bomb".  After getting the book and seeing the stats, I had to have hounds.  I have built 20. I am using the WHF Chaos Warhounds.  The flesh hounds are finecast, which I dislike.  Finding metal ones is difficult.  Either way you go, finecast or metal, flesh hounds cost some serious cash if you run them in any numbers.  I also like the soul grinders. I have read mixed reviews on grinders but I have yet to use them or seem them played.  I have built 3 and one is on the painting table Smile 40k is slow right now for me with my schedule.

Most of my stuff requires some work before it is on the table but I am plugging away. I want to focus on getting a fairly competitive list and not waste time with stuff I will rarely play.  Time is tight. Lets make the best of it.

I currently have 20+ bloodletters and 30+ plaguebearers for troops. I own GUO and some heralds for HQ. I also have some flamers and screamers.

If I would continue with what I currently own and not create a copy list from the cool ML guys, how would you add to the following? I am not opposed to adding allies like CSM if you see a good

HQ
?
Heralds (Karanak, Khorne on jug, ?)

Troop
Bloodletters
Plaguebearers

FA
20 Hounds + Karanak

HS
3 Soul Grinders

Add drones or another unit of hounds?  Maybe add Brian's herald star of khorne and bloodcrushers?  Bloodcrushers could carry the icon and help with deepstriking bloodletters.

For HQ what greater daemon would you recommend? Bloodthirster?
Back to top Go down
Crawling Chaos

Crawling Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Demons in 6th edition   Demons in 6th edition Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 7:30 pm

Fateweaver is an auto include for me. He will function slightly differently, depending on what powers you roll, but he will always be a harasser. He knows all the change powers, so he can dish out the pain if needed. He can fly behind and buff your main offensive threats, he can tarpit a nasty unit in melee, he can be a gun boat, or just look for weak units to kill. Before Daemons had no way to deal with outflankers and deep strikers that came on far away. Fatey deals with anything within four feet.

Also his warlord trait can be used to save you or offensively. The once per player turn reroll is huge. It can keep him in the air on a failed grounding check, it can pull your ass out of the fire with a failed Grimoir check.

No contest, Fateweaver all the way.
Back to top Go down
Drkmorals
Admin
Drkmorals

PostSubject: Re: Demons in 6th edition   Demons in 6th edition Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 8:32 pm

I would argue that like Brian you should be considering him in any build.. He is so flexible its pretty broken IMO.. People don't initially understand how good a reroll on anything you want is... It gives you so much utility it hurts your brain to keep track...

Your Grimoire is more reliable.. but if you need troops your portal can be.

Reroll your bad results on the warp storm, because even with a reroll your going to get some bad results it happens.. This helps but... if you get a 6 on one dice.. you can reroll the other because on a 4 plus the results are awesome..

Need to make combat.. a reroll of one dice means basically any unit in your army has fleet if its important that turn...

run move to get to that objective to win the game.. how about two tries?

your unit DS the wrong direction reroll the dice, or one of the distance... don't want to take the chance? fine reroll the mishap roll to increase your odds of going back to reserve.

Really need to damage a vehicle? you can reroll any part of the process? Including the damage chart if you want..

Failed a psyker check for a clutch power? Nope second try on one dice.

this is just some examples, and I have only listed the one use on your turn, you get a reroll in your opponents turn as well.. I also haven't even talked about him being a level 4 FMC creature...

Back to top Go down
dewen

dewen

PostSubject: Re: Demons in 6th edition   Demons in 6th edition Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:58 am

Awesome feedback. I'm sold on Fateweaver. I can't stomach buying the finecast model. Finding a metal one may be next to impossible. I may just work on a conversion. My grinder I posted pics of has boosted my confidence in conversions.

I noticed most of the list only have 3x troops. I tend to go with 4x for objective holding. Just an observation.

First pass. The soul grinders are marked with khorne to save points so I could buff the herald of tzeench. I was considering horrors instead of bloodletters, but I would need to buy some.

Version 1
1849 pts
Fateweaver

Karanak
19 hounds

2x 10 plaguebearers
2x 10 bloodletters

6 Screamers
Herald of Tzeentch (Level 2, Lesser, disc)

Soul grinder - Khorne, torrent
Soul grinder - Slaanesh, torrent
Soul grinder - Khorne, phlegm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demons in 6th edition   Demons in 6th edition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demons in 6th edition
Page 1 of 1