Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ohio Chamionship EGC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Crawling Chaos

Crawling Chaos

Ohio Chamionship EGC Empty
PostSubject: Ohio Chamionship EGC   Ohio Chamionship EGC Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 5:49 pm

This was one of the qualifiers the Best of Ohio event for next Buckeye Battles.  They are happening all over Ohio for the next year.  

The format is Steamroller 2013, 2 lists, 50 points, Divide and Conquer.

My Lists
Terminus
-Stalker
Bane Lord Tartarus
Madelyn Corbeau
Machine Wraith
3 max Bane Knights
Min Bane Thralls + UA
Whithershadow Combine

Skarre1
•2 Stalkers
•Skarlock
Satyxis Raider Captain
Darragh Wraithe
3 Scrap Thralls
Max Satyxis Raiders + UA
Max Bane Knights
Min Bane Thralls + UA
Necrosurgeon & Stitch Thralls

Round 1
Terminus v. Mohrvanna2
Scenario: Close Quarters
He ran a typical list with Multi-wound infantry.  My banes just flooded the board.  He would kill a few and then they would kill them right back.  I was able to clear my opponent's flag and walk a stalker to control it early.  After that, he feated and brought back 12 models.  He had rerolled a few times, so this left her at 2 life.  He moved Morvhanna back as far as he could and used the feat to protect her.  Problem was that he didn't leave a lot guarding his flag.  A combination of banes and Terminus cleared the flag and Terminus dominated the flag for the win.

Terminus v. Scaverous
Scenario: Supply and Demand

This matchup was bad for me from the get go.  I have lots o infantry and he has a ton of infantry clearing stuff.  Bile Thralls, 5 spray attacks, access to Telekinesis, and ghost walk.  This means, that even if I engage his dudes, he can free them up with no trouble and kill everything.  Despite that it was a very close game.  I lost everything in my army but Terminus.  Had i been able to keep one model, i would have taken the win.  The game ended on scenario 5-4.  Scaverous wins in a nail biter.

Skarre1 v. Harbinger of Menoth
Scenario: Process of Elimination
To start, I hate the Harbinger.  Her feat is just rediculous. Nothing in my army can survive a pow 14.  Anyway, I get first turn which is huge.  I run everything forward as much as I can. Opponent moves up and shoots whatever he can in typical fashion.  Hearby moves up and feats.   I'm looking and I think she moved up too far.  I spend a good five minute analyzing the distances with Skarres control area.  In the end I decide to go for it.  Skarre feats , moves up and casts Dark Guidance.  At Arm 32 I take no damage from Harby's feat.  Darragh Death Rides figuring arm 20 and five boxes, the Soulhunters can take it.  Of course the one that moves dies when he rolls an eleven.  I  have three left.  (One got blown up by a Reckoner last turn.). First on charges Harbinger.  A combination of Defensive strike by the jack next to her and the feat kill that one.  The remaining two make the charge and survive the feat.  They are Mat8 rolling 3 dice to attack.  Both hit.   It's dice + 2.  First one does six damage.  I'm thinking I'm going to fail this and have to grind it out.  Roll the second's damage and get a whopping 13.  Dead Harbinger.  FUCK YEAH!!!  My hands were still shaking five minutes after the match.  Harby was too far forward by about a half inch.

Skarre1 v. Cpt. Jeremiah Kraye
Scenario: Into the Breach

He was running a Stormwalls, three or four heavy jacks the black 13th, Strangeways, and a squire.  This did not go well for him.  I ran everything up looking for a devestating turn two charge.  He shifts around killing what he could, but left a lot of raiders alive.  I feat turn two, and charge in the raiders and Soulhunters.  Stormwalls lives, but not by much.  I ran a stalker up his left flank looking to threaten him from the side.  Using his jacks, he clears all the Soulhunters and all but one raider.  But to do so, one of his jacks has to block his own charge lane to Skarre.  So he tramples forward trying to get an angle on Skarre, but the way I had my models positioned, he couldn't pull it off.  So he just kills a few Bane Knights.  I vengeance move the banes to a charge on Kraye and load the Stalker up with focus.  The Bane Thralls charge in and wreck the Stormwall.  Skarre moves toward Kraye and casts Dark Guidance.  The Stalker hits twice, boosts damage twice and kills Kraye.  I had forgotten, he had taken about 8 damage from the Raiders' feedback on their whips.

It was an awesome day full of competetive games.  I finished 3-1 11 control points and a lot of attrition points. Unfortunately, my strength of schedule wasn't too good, so I didn't make top 3.  I had fun and got to play three people I had never played before.  We had 16 players and 14 finished.  I can't wait for the next opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Chamionship EGC   Ohio Chamionship EGC Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Cool Brian, seems you did fairly well. Sucks you didnt crack top 3, next time dude!Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Crawling Chaos

Crawling Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Chamionship EGC   Ohio Chamionship EGC Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 6:22 pm

Yeah I got ample time to try and qualify. There are two more in Dayton and some in Columbus. One is at Origins. Boomfex won the thing, you guys may get a chance to see him at Buckeye Battles next year. Maybe sooner depending on the Tyranid codex.Smile  Affliction was there as well. We need a Martial Law shirt that isn't so 40k themed.
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Chamionship EGC   Ohio Chamionship EGC Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 6:23 pm

Try to come up with a design....
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Chamionship EGC   Ohio Chamionship EGC Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:28 am

good job Brian
glad to see boom is active
haven't seen chad in a while .

I wanted to make it to this one but the kids had plans for me
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Chamionship EGC   Ohio Chamionship EGC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ohio Chamionship EGC
Page 1 of 1