Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inquisition Death Star

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Warmonger

Warmonger

Inquisition Death Star  Empty
PostSubject: Inquisition Death Star    Inquisition Death Star  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 10:28 am

What is it that everyone is talking about with an Inquisition Death Star unit? Well it runs off of Death Cult Assassins and Crusaders which in reality is nothing new. However there are a few new twists to it in the new codex. So lets take a look at people are talking about.

In codex Inquisition the load out looks like this.
numbers can be varied of course as there are plenty of options
5 Death Cult Assassins
4 Crusaders with Power Axes
2 Priests
1 Xenos Inquisitor

Land Raider Variant of your choice as transport.

Death Cults striking with AP3 weapons at I6 is cool. They are fast, good number of attacks, 2/3 and 4 on the charge with a WS of 5 and S4

Crusaders are simply there to absorb hits with their storm shields. 3+ invul saves with re-rolls keeps your squad alive in dire circumstances. Dont forget to give them power axes. You need the extra AP2 weapons, and anything else your Death Cult Assassins should be able to take care of.

Ministroum Priests have War Hymms which allow you to take a leadership test at the beginning of Fight sub-phase in which is he locked in combat. Once passed the abilities you can choose from are the following. (I want two priests because I want to take the Emperor protects and righteousness of the emperor every round).

-The Emperor Protects- The Priest and his unit re-roll all failed armour and invulnerable saves until the end of the phase.
-The Emperors Strength- Priest only, but can get his attack up to S10 and AP2. (note it only effects the priest)
-The Righteousness of the Emperor- Priest and his unit re-roll all failed to wound rolls until the end of the phase

Obviously the last link is optional, but I like it. It just adds points.
Xenos Inquisitor with Rad and Psychotroke Grenades. Of course you need to make him a psyker, because why not have prescience and a free force sword. With Prescience your unit will be able to re-roll to hit in assault, re-roll to wound (with a priest), and basically just slaughter whatever you run into.

Now you can take a Land Raider transport and take the Liber Heresius to get scout for the Land Raider and use other abilities as you need.

The unit will run about 270pts or more depending on load out, before the land raider. Dont forget your servo skulls
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Death Star    Inquisition Death Star  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 10:30 am

originally posted on faeit212

Alright, I was not going to go here, and stick with just the Inquisition codex for a death star unit. Yes, thats right, I don't like to tell people what I am thinking and preparing to field (I save my best ideas for myself).

If you are just checking in we were discussing the Inquisition Death Star listed here.
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/11/inquisition-death-star.html

A lot of you chimed in and where going many different directions with it, well, you may want to hold onto your seat.

Let me start out by saying that I like this list best as a White Scars Primary detachment, but if you really want IG as your primary you can do it the other way around.

White Scars Independent Character.
Personally I like using a Chaplin for this because of Zealot, but others work as well and its a matter of pick your White Scars flavor. Just keep the cost down and dont go nuts. Why White Scars?............ hit and run. Your opponent can get bogged down but you cannot.

White Scars Chaplain 90pts

Imperial Guard Platoon
Whats not to love here. 50 guardsmen. Dont forget the krak grenades to kill any dreadnoughts and just to be prepared you need melta bombs and power axes with your sergeants. You can also if points allow add in commissars to your hearts content, but you do not need Ministorum Priests if you have a chaplain. It is efficient to add in 5 flamers so that if you are assaulted you can punish the opponent.

Imperial Guard Platoon 380pts with 50 guardsmen, 5 flamers, krak, melta bombs and power axes. oh yea and one vox caster (see below)

Xenos Inquisitor
Of course you know where this is going by now. Psychotroke and Rad grenades, and dont forget to make him a psyker for Hammerhand.

Xenos Inquisitor 85pts with grenades, forceweapon, and hammer hand.

Creed?
if you are like me, he is expensive but with a 24" order bubble, the orders of run run run, and For the Honor of Cadia (furious charge), he is worth it. He is a cost, and there are other ways of getting furious charge, but look at this way... Furious Charge makes your guardsment S5 on the charge with hammer hand, and even a marine will be reduced to T3.

Yea, thats right, 50 charging guardsmen with rad and psychotroke grenades. Not to mention they cannot get bogged down because they have hit and run. Power axes are striking at S6 ap2 and will insta kill marines that are effected by the rad grenades.

On the charge, re-roll to hit, and wound marines on a 2+. If you get bogged down and counter charged, simply hit and run (dont roll a 6) and then charge again, once again bringing your grenades back into the effect. multi assaults do not slow you down much either, as the psychotroke grenades are just devastating.

The best part of this all, is you can actually do two of these for units around 1000pts +/-. 100 fearless guardsmen loaded up with the Inquisition and White Scars. You can really adjust a unit like this up or down with other options as well.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Painnen

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Death Star    Inquisition Death Star  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 9:35 pm

who would fear this? Quite the presence i'm sure but a shooty army isn't going to have a problem mowing 30-40+ of these guardsmen down a turn.

with no invuln saves, a couple timely prescision shots will nueter what you don't like about the unit too.

don't get me wrong, i love deathstars! guardsman don't really bring the fear factor IMO. i should test the numbers out on this however...
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Death Star    Inquisition Death Star  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 7:21 am

Not much fear factor on their own but include White Scar bikers rushing at you at the same time could mean some hard choices. I wouldn't run the Guard version, well maybe once just to see how well it works.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Painnen

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Death Star    Inquisition Death Star  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 10:12 pm

yeah, tau nor eldar have the tools to push back white scars w/out the presence of an inquisitor and his trusty servo skulls.

/sigh

i hope i don't have to take 34pts worth of a KP just to stop scouts from being OP. i guess i'll have to see what 2014 brings as far as the cheese...who am i kidding! i play x2 ward codex' in the same list as well as the most lopsided band of bro combos out to date. i <3 cheese.
Back to top Go down
Wayno

Wayno

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Death Star    Inquisition Death Star  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:23 am

Cheese is tasty!!! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Death Star    Inquisition Death Star  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Gotta love cheese, especially when it's real stinky!!!Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition Death Star    Inquisition Death Star  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inquisition Death Star
Page 1 of 1