Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Hands Terminators

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dewen

dewen

Iron Hands Terminators Empty
PostSubject: Iron Hands Terminators   Iron Hands Terminators Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 3:44 pm

I recently finished a squad of termies and a captain.  The pics are not that great and a little dim, but you can see the bionic parts, custom bases, and paint scheme.

Iron Hands Terminators SMIronHandTerm3

Iron Hands Terminators SMIronHandTerm2
Back to top Go down
PCorrie

PCorrie

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands Terminators   Iron Hands Terminators Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 6:54 am

Not bad man, not bad at all.  Not trying to nit pick; you know your squad has markings for three different clans right (the sprocket designs)?  .....Sorry, been playin 'em since 99. What company did you use for the cybernetics. I have seen them before, but I can't place them.
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands Terminators   Iron Hands Terminators Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 7:26 am

Don't know about the markings and all, but looks great Dave!
Back to top Go down
dewen

dewen

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands Terminators   Iron Hands Terminators Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:48 am

PCorrie wrote:
Not bad man, not bad at all.  Not trying to nit pick; you know your squad has markings for three different clans right (the sprocket designs)?  .....Sorry, been playin 'em since 99.  What company did you use for the cybernetics.  I have seen them before, but I can't place them.

Nice observation PCorrie. I built this SM project early when I started playing 40K before I really understood the subchapters and clan iconography. It was just recently painted. The icons are from FW. I pressed them against the plain shoulder pads. I have some other Iron Hands I can post, when I get a chance, with consistent markings Smile tactical and an a iron clad. I need to learn how to take better pics. If you want to nit pick some more, the Sgt can only have a power sword in the new codex. In the 5e codex, he had a choice of power weapons IIRC. The termie captain no longer gets the option of a grenade launcher either. I just use it as a combi weapon.

The bionic parts are from Anvil Industry. I highly recommend the company - great quality, responsive customer service, quick to ship. They are in the UK so it can take a week or so to get your stuff, but shipping is only around $6
Back to top Go down
dewen

dewen

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands Terminators   Iron Hands Terminators Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:49 am

Hand of Dume wrote:
Don't know about the markings and all, but looks great Dave!

Thanks Mack. I need to learn how to take better pics. These are kind of dark.
Back to top Go down
PCorrie

PCorrie

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands Terminators   Iron Hands Terminators Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 3:18 pm

Anvil.  Thats them.  Sorry, I couldn't remember who made them.  And I'm not nit-picking.  I have been playing Iron Hands for a long time, so I noticed them right off and opened my mouth before I knew what that would sound like.  Sorry if it sounded like I was.  As far as the axe goes-I like the axe; it goes to the theme of the army.  It's a pity that you cant take the generic power weapon with the terminators anymore.  Oh, what about the tabards?  Those I am not familiar with.
Back to top Go down
dewen

dewen

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands Terminators   Iron Hands Terminators Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 9:23 am

I didn't take it as nit picky.  I was a newb when I assembled them.

The tabard or lappets are max mini. These are larger than the ones produced by Anvil. Anvil's look good on power armor and max mini's on term armor IMHO. I have another project underway with a roman theme using Anvil's tabards, helmet crest and Gladius Conversion swords for a 10 man tactical unit.

The missile launcher is also Anvil.  I also used these on of my Ravenwing land speeders instead of the GW parts.  I got a lot of compliments at Cag Bash on the missile launchers. Magnetized on the front underside where the assault cannon mounts.

I am planning an assault term squad also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands Terminators   Iron Hands Terminators Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Hands Terminators
Page 1 of 1