Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drop Pod army

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MiniMe

MiniMe

Drop Pod army Empty
PostSubject: Drop Pod army   Drop Pod army Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Is a drop pod army doable? I thought that I could have my whole army come in pods but then Wayno says no. I played Dicky a few weeks ago and had everything in pods with the exception of an assault unit with jump packs and a Chaplain and it was pretty damn fun! I talked to Wayne later and he asked if I went first or second. Told him that I went second and he said that I was lucky that my assault unit wasn't killed because that would have ended the game with a loss for me.
I don't understand how the game could be over after the first half of the first turn when I haven't had my turn and a whole army waiting to drop in? And with the way he's saying the rules are, if I did have my entire army in pods, if I don't go first it's an automatic loss because I don't have anything on the table. My rulebook should be here Monday (hopefully), but I know how I can read a rule and some else can read the same thing and there's two different understandings to one rule.
So I'd like to know what everyone else says about this, because I don't like Waynes reply to me doing a pod army!
Back to top Go down
Wayno

Wayno

Drop Pod army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Pod army   Drop Pod army Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 8:38 pm

Page 133 Sudden Death Victory.
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

Drop Pod army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Pod army   Drop Pod army Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 1:16 pm

Wayno;
that doesn't apply.

Sudden death victory-BRB pg 133;
"If at the end of any game turn, one player has no models on the battlefield his opponent automatically wins."

If using a drop pod assault army, your opponent would have half (rounded up) of his drop pods on the field after the beginning of his half of game-turn one.

Drop Pod Assault-SM codex pg 99;
"At the beginning of your first turn, choose half of your drop pods (rounding up) to make a drop pod assault. Units making a drop pod assault arrive on their controlling player's first turn..."

So even if going second, you will be bringing (at minimum) half your drop pods down. True, your opponent COULD wipe everything that dropped but that would be difficult at best...

Back to top Go down
http://exitusactaprobat1.blogspot.com/
Wayno

Wayno

Drop Pod army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Pod army   Drop Pod army Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 5:58 pm

You are right. That is doable.
Back to top Go down
MiniMe

MiniMe

Drop Pod army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Pod army   Drop Pod army Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 10:21 pm

That's what I was thinking. It didn't sound right that your game could be over without a single pod being able to land.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Wayno

Wayno

Drop Pod army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Pod army   Drop Pod army Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 11:25 pm

It has been so long since I have seen a drop pod I was thinking they came in on turn two for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

Drop Pod army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Pod army   Drop Pod army Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 8:39 am

With the objective secured rule, they're baaaaack!
Back to top Go down
http://exitusactaprobat1.blogspot.com/
MiniMe

MiniMe

Drop Pod army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Pod army   Drop Pod army Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 9:13 pm

Playing Templar I really feel good about objective securing transports. Drop pods and land raiders both being dedicated transports I could possibly have a better chance of winning regardless of my lousy dice rolling!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drop Pod army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Pod army   Drop Pod army Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drop Pod army
Page 1 of 1