Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GK testing

Go down 
+2
Hand of Dume
Drkmorals
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

GK testing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:25 am

Josh wrote:
Don't poke him too hard Charles, he might break a hip! affraid

Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:31 am

Josh wrote:
Don't poke him too hard Charles, he might break a hip! affraid

HEY! I resembl...resent that remark! (where's my damned walker, so I can chase you off my lawn, you young whippersnapper).

sorry charles, that wasn't supposed to sound snippy, and after rereading it I realize it did.
the poking was taken in the tone it was meant. baby-time means 'efficient' writing (ie; quick) and sometimes a failure to edit tone. not even putting in smileys to be certain no offense intended/taken.
Back to top Go down
http://exitusactaprobat1.blogspot.com/
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:21 am

Well I certainly don't think scarabs are the only way to deal with Mech. If you saw my last battle report you should realize that scarabs are not the only way. I dismantled IG that game and lost my hvy destroyers before the even got a shot off. With that being said there are other things that will definitely contribute. How about a Destroyer Lord running with some wraiths? Now how about Praetorians? I know everyone thinks they are junk but I see some potential. Run these guys with a unit of wraiths to get a cover save and equip them them with P. Casters and Void Blades for entropic and rending. P. Casters gives you an extra attack plus a 24" threat range with str. 6. There is more but think on that for a while!
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:22 am

That should be the reason for the play testing.... finding a way other than the scarab/ spider factory to hit mech armies in the peverbial "cooyuns", seeing as they dominate the tables.

Shit load of wraiths may be the ticket... str 6 plus rending plus furious charge from zandrekh.
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:38 am

should've been more clear.
frustrated at being pushed toward 'canoptek' units in general, wraiths included ...
scarab farms , & scarabs in general, appear to be d facto the most efficient method.

so, I am determined to find a way around all of the canoptek units.
I think I can, but the lack of testing time is getting frustrating.
anybody wanna buy a baby, cheap?
Back to top Go down
Drkmorals
Admin
Drkmorals

PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:41 am

Lol it's not uhave to run scarabs monger. It's that you basically have to run scarabs or wraiths to be competitive. Until 6th changes something.
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:55 am

I'm pushing for 3 squads of 20 warriors with veils and eldritch lances. If you put tank hunters on a squad with Zandrekh, 6's will wreck a vehicle... 20 shots, 40 double tapping. Vargard in one unit, Zandrekh in another and an Overlord in the third unit. So you have 3 units of 20 warriors with Crypteks and characters bouncing around the board hitting vehicles. Backed up with "sniper" h-destroyers. Vargard will not scatter if he comes within 6 inches of Zandrekh. Send Zandrekh veiled unit first, then bring Vargard up beside him without scatter.

Looks good on paper... next is to playtest.
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:23 am

I don't think you 'have to have' Scarabs or Wraiths to have an effective and viable competitive list. I have been playtesting without said units and have had success vs multiple Mech variants for Marine and IG, Foot Marine and Venom Spam DE.

Unit size for Necrons is small and limiting but they are resilient. Yes I have taken the 'forced' inclusion of Crypteks into the units but I believe that is the 'intent' of the Codex. I also believe the Canoptek inclusion is a smoke and mirror list for the upcoming sale and marketing of to be released models.

Think outside the box and avoid the Canoptek inclusion...focus on the 'core' of the Codex, Immortals, Warriors and Special Character Army Buffs.

So far I am having 'fun' with the lists. I think in the end they are close in scale to DE as far as competitive list building.No where near SW, GK or IG. I akin them to Orks in that you may get very favorable match ups and slaughter the opponent, then again you may get slaughtered...
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:05 pm

see under articles and editorials ...
that may clarify what I am really irritated about hey little better than random gripes interspersed amongst other topics.

I am nothing if not scattered, and scatter brained Very Happy

noting that I am also walking away from some of my grey knight builds 4 similar reasons.
Back to top Go down
Drkmorals
Admin
Drkmorals

PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 9:47 pm

Game two video put together..

VS Drew's Space Marines he brought along.

http://emperorscodex.blogspot.com/2011/12/video-space-marines-vs-grey-knights.html
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:15 pm

Looks like the playtesting for your GK is coming along... and well I might say.

Gotta love the EAP commentary! Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GK testing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2