Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

6e Hive Tyrant

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Edge

Edge

6e Hive Tyrant Empty
PostSubject: 6e Hive Tyrant   6e Hive Tyrant Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:44 am

Looking for Confirmation.

Specifically the Flyrant variant with Old Adversary, 2x Brainleech, Wings, Toxic Miasma, Sacs = 310 pts

Special Rules:
Flying MC - Swoop or Glide, Hard to Hit, Dive (can't charge or be charged, shooting hit on 6's unless Skyfire )
Vector Strike - d3+1 hits, S 6, AP 3
Fear
Hammer of Wrath - 1 attack S 6, AP -, I 10
Move Through Cover
Relentless - irrelevant
Smash - AP 2 all attacks - special 2 attacks + 1 charge, S 10, reroll Armor pen (the AP 2 is for all attacks no matter the mode?)
2 Psychic Powers (can swap these out for 2 rolls on 1 of 3 charts?)

Questions:
If Swooping, can move 12-24" fire 2 weapons or Vector Strike and 1 weapon?

If Swooping can move up to 36" in 1 turn?

Switch Psychic for Biomancy:
Enfeeble - Malediction (start of Psyker's movt phase, affect units in CC, until end of next turn) units S and T -1; combined with Toxic Miasma:
Cast in Movt phase even if in CC against target in CC, BtB models at end of turn take T test -1 or suffer wound with Armor save.

CC attacks (normal) - 4+1, S 6, AP 2, hits on 3's (for most CC) reroll 1's (Preferred Enemy), Wound on 2+ reroll (Poison/Preferred Enemy)?

Shooting attacks - 12 TL S 6, AP - shots, Wound on 2's (most targets) reroll 1's (Preferred Enemy)?

Gain a 5+ cover save just for being in Area Terrain?
Gain a 4+ cover save if 25% is blocked?
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
dewen

dewen

6e Hive Tyrant Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6e Hive Tyrant   6e Hive Tyrant Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:32 pm

That is how I read it. I do not understand the cover questions.

Below are more comments on specific questions.

Smash is AP2 on all attacks regular and special (S 10).

Psychic Powers - swap both out for rulebook ones but you can't split between the rulebook and codex because the Tyranid FAQ says "instead of". You could use the Psychic Powers from the rulebook and choose one from two different disciplines available to Tyranids because the FAQ says "in any combination".
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

6e Hive Tyrant Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6e Hive Tyrant   6e Hive Tyrant Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Edge wrote:

Smash - AP 2 all attacks - special 2 attacks + 1 charge, S 10, reroll Armor pen (the AP 2 is for all attacks no matter the mode?)
Yes, excepting cannot be used with vector strike.

Edge wrote:
Questions:
If Swooping, can move 12-24" fire 2 weapons or Vector Strike and 1 weapon?
Yes

Edge wrote:
If Swooping can move up to 36" in 1 turn?
I note you say 'up to'...I am assuming that you are maxing your 'run' roll with that?
better to say, 26-36 inches just to be clear...and yes.

Edge wrote:
CC attacks (normal) - 4+1, S 6, AP 2, hits on 3's (for most CC) reroll 1's (Preferred Enemy), Wound on 2+ reroll (Poison/Preferred Enemy)?
for the most part, yes

Edge wrote:
Shooting attacks - 12 TL S 6, AP - shots, Wound on 2's (most targets) reroll 1's (Preferred Enemy)?
yes

Edge wrote:
Gain a 5+ cover save just for being in Area Terrain?
Gain a 4+ cover save if 25% is blocked?
yes to the first, no to the second...the second is terrain dependent. the focus of the newer rules is that only buildings, or better, provide a cover save greater than 5+.
which goes to my sense, in that we are going to see a long arduous road toward people playing with proper 6e terrain...some weren't even in fifth at the end.
more, but less protective, terrain should be the norm. (think 28-30% now, predominantly 5+)
Back to top Go down
http://exitusactaprobat1.blogspot.com/
Edge

Edge

6e Hive Tyrant Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6e Hive Tyrant   6e Hive Tyrant Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:03 pm

Thanks EAP
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

6e Hive Tyrant Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6e Hive Tyrant   6e Hive Tyrant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6e Hive Tyrant
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Martial Law :: Rules and other 40k Questions-
Jump to: