Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My first game of 6th.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drkmorals
Admin
Drkmorals

My first game of 6th.  Empty
PostSubject: My first game of 6th.    My first game of 6th.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:56 pm

I know several of you are knocking out games on a regular basis but as usual my schedule hasn't allowed me such play time..

I was able to get a game in with Edge as my first test game. I took a few test units to try some things out and Edge did the same so we had some good old Coteaz on Coteaz action.. I ended up taking this roughly

Coteaz
3 man razor
3 man razor
5 man plasma squad chimmy
5 man plasma squad chimmy
10 Strikes razor 2 cannons
10 strikes razor 2 cannons
2 dreads
Dread knight with both guns of template fun
5 purifiers hammer halberds cannons rhino
5 purifiers hammer halberds cannons rhino
Techmarine with Orbital Strike.

I was testing out the Dread knight, orbital strike, plasma in the new rules, and reserve strategy for the army.
Edge took this roughly

Coteaz
3 flamers razor
3 flamers razor
3 plasma razor
3 plasma razor
3 melta razor
3 melta razor
Redeemer
Purgation squad all flamers
dread
Callidus

DESPERATE ALLIES
Archon
2 x Venoms
Bomber plane

Edge was testing taking Deperate allies to see how that went.. we forgot to roll for his desperate allies though when the plane came on ... it was the only time it would have mattered plus his troops didn't score for him which really sucks I think. also three of his razors are assault cannon razors something now that 6th has shifted a few things I am willing to try again.

We played pitched battle. and Nova mission. 5 objectives, KP's and table quarters...
I am not going to give a full battle report it was a interesting game and good testing as I got to see the new rules in action.. the only thing I know that we did wrong was that we got out 6 inches after a vehicle was wrecked instead of 3.. Not sure we made any other mistakes.

I really like the new rules though, they seem to really add to 5th edition and help balance out a game getting stale. Flyers are pretty awesome that is going to be clear and several things will take some getting used too..

Since vehicles don't score henchmen builds took a hit, also I feel that table quarters and objective missions are almost the same mission/ strategy since you use the same units that need to be in about the same places to do both...

Vehicles are still just fine, they just are balanced now so you can kill them in assault if you need to and so that I don't magically absorb all your firepower from one razor because your rolling bad that day.

You need to have a plan for flyers that is for sure... I could see how 2-4 flyers would be a solid problem if you didn't have a way to deal with them. Edge's plane came i late and lived through two turns of fire from my dreads. It was interesting to see the mechanic in action... This edition seems to favor larger OR more durable troops. you can still run smaller troops but you are going to need a plan or a few more durable units to push forward.

Thanks for the game Edge I had a good time and learned alot hope you did as well!! I already know what direction I want to change my list to further test!!! =P

Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: My first game of 6th.    My first game of 6th.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Thanks for the game C. Good fight.

The Desperate Allies was fun and filled a gap I was looking at...not sure it was required.

I agree about the resiliency of larger units.

I agree the NOVA Obj and Quarters is roughly the same mission objective.
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: My first game of 6th.    My first game of 6th.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:35 am

Thanks C. With only 2 games under my belt, I'll take all the insight I can get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first game of 6th.    My first game of 6th.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first game of 6th.
Page 1 of 1