Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fast paced games

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

Fast paced games Empty
PostSubject: Fast paced games   Fast paced games Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 1:36 pm

So Ian and I were talking the other night and he brought up the thought of players using a fast pace during games to advantage. The idea that more experienced players can speed up the pace of the game and subsequently put their opponent at a disadvantage if they are not as experienced, especially in a tourney environment. Essentially "losing" their opponent in the turn. I asked if I do this to him and he replied that at times... yes.

So as a "experienced" player and teacher of the game to my son, I will try to slow down the game to accommodate his speed of it. Also if I get the feeling my opponent is getting "lost" in a tourney, I'll adjust... within reason, of course.

Although not to a snail's pace..... I do like to get all the turns in.... Especially in a time frame of a tourney.
Back to top Go down
dewen

dewen

Fast paced games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fast paced games   Fast paced games Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Interesting post. Being a fairly new 40K player, I have been in that position of my opponent rushing the game to their advantage. In the rush, I make more mistakes or overlook advantages. On the flip side, I was in a small, local tourney and my opponent was slow to setup and slow to execute his turn. When time for the round was called, we had only played 3 complete turns. My BA Furioso in a Drop Pod did not make its reserve roll in the 3rd turn. According to the tournament rules, my opponent was rewarded the points for an elite and dedicated transport. Those points cost me the difference between 2nd and 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

Fast paced games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fast paced games   Fast paced games Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:17 pm

That really does bite!

Slowing it down to a "respectable speed" isn't going to hurt anyone's game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fast paced games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fast paced games   Fast paced games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fast paced games
Page 1 of 1