Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Necron Lord

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

Necron Lord Empty
PostSubject: Necron Lord   Necron Lord Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Wn the Necron Lord at DBCC. Trying to get a look of the orb glowing against the Lord. Be honest if I got the look. If not I will strip and try again. I took several pics inscluding one outside, but the fig seems to get washed out by the light, I'm not that good with a camera. There is actually 3 colors to the glow... blue wash, space wolf grey (light blue) and white. It's the first model to my 'cron army when the new 'dex comes out in the spring. Thanks for the comments in advance.

Necron Lord P9220738
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

Necron Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron Lord   Necron Lord Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:22 pm

Sorry dude but I ain't feeling it. I know what your trying to do and have seen models painted that way. I'm certainly not an expert but I think the glow color should be more contrasting in relationship to the base color of the model. I'm sure the picture isn't doing it justice either. Also I think you tried to make to much of the model have glowing light on it. IMO glowing light is only brightest at the very closest range and quickly disappates with range. But what do I know. confused I'd ask John Gremmich
Back to top Go down
Wayno

Wayno

Necron Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron Lord   Necron Lord Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:16 pm

I like it.

I am more amazed that someone other than Chad was able to put up a PIC. lol!
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

Necron Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron Lord   Necron Lord Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:38 pm

I concur with Monger. I like the intention, but I think it is too much lighting...I did the same with my Malifaux fig and I had to repaint it with less light effect. It looks good but reduce the effect and it will look great!
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

Necron Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron Lord   Necron Lord Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Thanks guys for the comments. I'll strip and try again.
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

Necron Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron Lord   Necron Lord Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:57 am

Wow, I reached for the sky and didn't get past the trees when it came to trying to paint the glow off the orb. I stripped the Lord and tried again only to realize it's beyond my painting skills to accomplish. So I went a different route and just painted the Lord to my paint scheme that the whole army will have. I'll leave the advanced techniques to guys like Toren and J Gemich. Anyway here's the new pics.

Necron Lord P9230718

Necron Lord P9230719

Necron Lord P9230717
Back to top Go down
Wayno

Wayno

Necron Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron Lord   Necron Lord Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Well, I do like that one better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Necron Lord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron Lord   Necron Lord Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necron Lord
Page 1 of 1