Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Epic Loot Battle Breifs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Warmonger

Warmonger

Epic Loot Battle Breifs  Empty
PostSubject: Epic Loot Battle Breifs    Epic Loot Battle Breifs  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 3:00 pm

Well I went to the tournament today as the wife said she had to go to her sisters and help with some thing or another. I didn't expect a big turn out due to the late notice and so I took a test list of sorts to just try out and have a little fun. I'll try and post some battle reports later on in the Battle Report section as for now here is the list I took.

Abaddon
Kharne
15 Cultists w/ shotgun, 7 autoguns
5 Chaos Marines
Heldrake
3 Obliterators w/ Nurgle
3 Obliterators w/ Nurgle, vets
3 Obliterators w/ Nurgle, vets

Necron Overlord w/ warscythe, p. shifter, orb
5 Immortals w/ gauss, NS
5 Immortals w/ gauss, NS

We used the upcoming Adepticon missions and scoring and placed terrain for every game. I wasn't sure how this would work but there were no problems and it didn't seem to effect the time of games as I was able to finish all of mine! We were playing double force org. With forge world stuff. The first mission was DoW deployment. Primary obj. was 1 victory point per unit destroyed and each player also placed one obj. in their half of the table. Controlling of obj. was also primary. Secondary: slay the warlord, linebreaker, 1st blood.

I was matched up with Nate with his Black Templars/Eldar allies. His list from memory.

Chapter Master
Emperor's Champion
5 Marines
5 Marines
5 Scouts w/ sniper rifles
5 Terminators w/ cyclone?
Land Speeder
2 Fancy Land Raiders ( immune to melta & lance, -1 to damage chart)
Venerable Dreadnaught w/ drop pod

Swooping Hawk Phoenix Lord
3 Jet Bikes
Fancy Eldar tank with a really big gun

He placed his Terminators in the middle ruins and the Fancy Eldar tank behind the same ruins. Scouts were on his left flank in ruins and both LR's with the HQ' and marines in them on his right flank. LS and Phoenix Lord and jet bikes in reserve.
I placed the cultists, Kharne, CSM and Oblits in the center ruins to protect my obj. I went first, night fighting 1st turn.

The only shooting I had was with the Oblits and the shot at the fancy Eldar tank as it sounded really nasty. I hit twice causing 2 pens but with NF he needed 2+ to save. He rolls snake eyes and it explodes Smile He moves up both LR'S and kills some cultists with their thunderfire cannons. Scouts kill a Oblit.

I receive Oblits, Heldrake and the NS without the Overlord. Heldrake kills a scout, Oblits kill a termie NS whiffs. Oblits in ruins kill a scout. He receives drop pod with Dread and the Landspeeder. He lands the pod by the ruins with my obj in it. The LS comes on by the scouts. He moves the LR's towards the center of the board. He kills some more cultists and wounds some Oblits.

I receive the remainder of my reserves. Abbey and his Oblits land close to his termies and lay fire into them along with the other unit of Oblits killing 2. Kharne kills the Dread, Heldrake kills the scouts, NS destroys the LS. He gets the Phoenix Lord and drops him by my obj whiffs on his shooting attacks. He moves his LR's towards the center of the board and destroys the gun on the NS with their twin linked multi-meltas.

The last Oblit by my obj shoots the P. Lord dead. The Oblits finish off the Termies. NS drops of immortals to capture his obj. The weapon less NS flies off the table. His LR's shoot down the Heldrake and kills the Immortals.

I take some pot shots at the LR's do nothing. The warriors walk on and the NS flies on close to them so the can board and go for a 7th turn obj grab. He moves his LR's towards my obj and unloads all the marines and HQ and looking to capture/ contest my obj next turn. His jet bikes which came on earlier never did much but hang around the "Big Frog Statue" and but was to far away to contest my obj this turn.

Game ends I have both primary objectives and first blood, linebreaker secondary objectives. He has linebreaker. Major Victory!

Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Epic Loot Battle Breifs    Epic Loot Battle Breifs  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:28 pm

Game 2: DoW deployment, 5 objectives tokens.
Primary: control more objectives, 1 victory point per unit killed, 2 for heavies.
Secondary: Slay the Warlord, Linebreaker, 1st blood
Special rules: Heavy Metal, Mysterious Obj., Mysterious Terrain, NF, Reserves

I matched up against Toby and his Clockwork IG/GK's. His list from memory.

CCS x2
4 vet squads w/ some had flamers, some had melta's, 1 chimera
4 Vendettas
2 Manticores
Marbo
ADL w/ comm-link

Cortez
6 Assassins, 4 Storm Shield Henchmen
Stormraven

Set Up:
Toby sets up first placing his ADL/comm-link in the center and a ruin in each corner and some rubble centerish left. I place a ruin in the center and one on the left flank and the "Big Frog Statue" (yes I'm on the same table) on my right flank. I get 3 obj. he gets 2. He puts one in each ruin in the corners. I place one in each of my ruins and 1 by the rubble in the open.

Deployment:
Toby deploys first putting a Manticore in each ruin in his corners. The CCS w/o the warlord by the Manticore on his right. The Chimera w/ vets went on the right behind the ADL. All the flyers are loaded up and in reserve. I place the Chaos Marines and one unit of Oblits in the center ruins. Kharne and the Cultists goes into the ruins on my left. Everything else is in reserves.

Well it is apparent that he is going to dominate the skies and is geared up for a late game snatch and grap for objectives. I have some flyers but they won't last long. Hopefully they can take down a Vendetta or two before they die. The biggest advantage I have is that the Oblits are scoring and mobile as where his Manticores are pretty static. I have 3 heavies and he has 2.

Night Fighting 1st turn. Toby lets loose with both Manticores. One targets the CSM's killing 3. The other targets the cultists killing 5 or 6. My Oblits in the ruins shoots at a Manticore but does no damage.

Turn 2 and he gets 3 Vendettas and the Stormraven even with re-rolling from the comm-link to try and delay them. A break for me. bounce Manticores kill the remaining Chaos Marines and some more Cultists. The flyers come on his left flank trying to cover the Manticore from my up coming DS. The flyers kill one Oblits. I get a NS w/ the Overlord and the Heldrake, Abbadon and all my Oblis. The Heldrake vector strikes a Vendetta costing it a hull point. The Oblits in the ruins cause another on it. The NS shoots down a Vendetta. So far so good. The tricky part was when the Oblits units DS in. I didn't have many good spots to bring them in but the unit with Abbadon hit dead on by his Manticore on the left and the others deviated slightly forward of the Manticore on the right. He will get cover saves but they gotta to die. They both explode cheers

Turn 3 and he gets his other Vendetta and the dog fight continues. He shoots down my NS and takes a huoptioning off the Heldrake. He also wounds an Oblit in the center ruins. Marbo comes in and pie plates the Oblits with Abbadon but I make all of my 5+ saves. His Vendetta with 2 hull points gone flies off the table. My last NS comes on and takes a hull point off a Vendetta and drops off the Immortals by the obj by the rubble. The Oblits on my right flank move towards the obj in the ruins and kill Marbo. The Oblits on my left flank flame the CCS killing everyone but the Commander. The center Oblits destroy the Chimera and the Heldrake flames them killing 8 but they pass moral.

Turn 4 His damaged Vendetta comes in and he deploys their vets in the center. The flyers combine fire to shoot down both the NS and the Heldrake and kill 2 Immortals controlling the obj by the rubble. The Stormraven moves it's pay load towards my obj in the ruins in the center of my deployment zone. Abbadon breaks from his Oblits and moves towards the rubble. The Oblits on the flanks move onto those obj in the ruins in his deployment zone and kill some of the deployed vets. The Oblits in the center ruins immobilize the Stormraven locking it's velocity. That's the best result I could have asked for as he must DS his Assassins and henchmen and can't assault next turn. Smile At this point I control all 5 objectives!

Turn 5 Toby starts moving Vendettas but most are too far away or out of position to be able to hover and deploy troops near any objectives. The Stormravens Cortez and henchmen DS but are left out in the open and away from my objective. I consolidate my forces on the objectives, killed the remaining vets that were deployed and a few of Cortez' henchmen.

Game ends: I have both primary and line breaker. He has 1st blood. Major Victory!
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Epic Loot Battle Breifs    Epic Loot Battle Breifs  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Game 3: Vanguard Strike, 4 Objectives & Relic
Primary: Control the Relic, Control more Objectives
Secondary: StW, 1st Blood, LB
Special Rules: The Relic, Mysteriuos Objectives, Mysterious Terrain (forests), NF, Reserves

I was paired against Zach and his Dark Eldar. His list (I actually have this one)

Haemonculus w/ liquifier
4 Trueborn w/ 4 blasters, Venom- splinter cannon
3 Grotesques w/ liquifier, Abberation- venom blade, Raider
5 Mandrakes w/ Night Fiend
5 Wyches w/ haywire grenades, Venom- splinter cannon (x2)
10 Warriors w/ Raider- splinter racks (x4)
9 Reavers w/ 3 heat lances
6 Reavers w/ 2 heat lances
Ravager (x2)

set up:
Objectives were placed in the center of each table quarter and the Relic in the center of the table. He set A ruin on top of each objectives on his side of the table and one in the center beside the Relic. I placed a ruin on each of the objectives in my deployment zone and a third in between them.

deployment:
He made a wall with his Raiders on the edge of his deployment zone and everything else piled in behind them. I went with my SOP and placed my marines out of sight behind the ruin in the center. I placed the cultists and Kharne in the ruins on the left with the objective. The Oblits went in the ruins in the center. Everything else in reserves. He gets an extra attack for his combat drugs.

In hind sight this was almost a big mistake for me. I really should have placed all of the Oblits on the table. silent I thought it would be better to limit his target choices as he had so much shooting and with the change in rapid fire rules 10pt. splinter racks are pretty incredible. What this did was to let him concentrate more on what was available an put me in a real bind the first couple of turns.

Turn 1:
No NF and I didn't seize. He moves everything forward 6" except for the reavers which went 12". The mandrakes were in reserve. He fired at the cultists that were on top of the building killing all that we're visible. The large reaver squad then sweep attacks them killing 5 more leaving only Kharne and 5 cultists. Everything else shoots at the Obilts in the center ruins and getS swept by the smaller reaver squad leaving me with one wounded Obiterator. I'm in danger of getting tabled in the second turn if I don't get reserves so I have to do something to try and preserve what forces I have left, just in case. That means assault, Kharne and the remaining cultists charge the large reaver squad and the chaos marines assault the small reaver squad. All the cultists either die from overwatch or from the reavers striking first. Kharne is not deterred and slaughters 6 reavers and they stay locked. CSM'S survive over watch and kill one reaver but stay locked.

turn 2:
His mandrakes come in on my left flank but are out in the open. Everything moves forward and tries to spread out to hinder my fliers if they come in next turn. My last Oblit dies. The CSM's lose one to the Reavers but stay locked. Kharne finishes off the Reavers he has been fighting and consolidates back behind the ruins. He unloads wyches (I think) from one of the venoms to claim the Relic. I get my Heldrake, Abbey and his Oblits which land behind the ruins on my left to get some cover and shoot and the Mandrakes. The Heldrake VS the empty venom destroying it and flames the Wyches on the Relic killing them. I also get the NS w/ just troops and they damage a vehicle. Kharne assaults the engaged Reavers and finish them off and I lose another chaos marine.

turn 3:
He continues moving and shooting killing the rest of the CSM'S, wounding one of Abbey's Oblits. He shoots at my fliers with every dark lance he had but does nothing. He moves some wyches to the Relic. I get the Overlord in the NS. It drops off it's cargo by the Relic and shoots and damages a raider causing it not to be able to shoot or move. Abbey and his Oblits destroy a Raider. The Heldrake VS a Ravager and flames and kills the enemy with the relic. The other NS drops it's troops by the objective in the ruins on his right.

turn 4:
Zachary lets loose on my over lord squad killing a couple. The Overlord tanked most of the shots. His Dark Lances again try shooting at the flyers damaging the Heldrake. He moves warriors to the relic. My last Oblit squad comes on shoots at one raider with the Haemonculus and Grotesques downing it and then keeping them from supporting the unit with the relic. One NS flies off the table. My warriors by his objective cannot get to it without exposing themselves and dieing. The Necron Overlord and warriors assault the DE warriors on with the relic kill a bunch and lost one warrior to over watch and combat, they stay locked.

turn 5:
The battle for the relic continues with both sides staying locked in combat. He does more maneuvering and shooting. Haemonculus and grotesques assault the Oblits without Abbey, they are locked. One NS flies on does nothing and one flies off. Oblits and Grotesques stay locked. Necron Overlord finishes off the DE warriors and they drop the relic.

turn 6:
With his 2 remaining raiders that have warriors in them he makes some last turn snatch and grabs on the objective in the ruins to my left flank and in his deployment zone on his right flank. He shoots everything else at the Overlord and warriors killing all but one warrior and the Overlord but they roll a 12 and fall back Mad The Overlord rallies but it's to late. The NS returns and destroyers the Raider in my deployment zone. abbey and his Oblits flame the DE warriors on the objective on my left flank killing all of them and the Heldrake flames the DE warriors on the other objective causing them to flee off the objective.

Game Ends: Draw...the Relic is unsecured, no objectives are controlled, he has 1st blood I have linebreaker.
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Epic Loot Battle Breifs    Epic Loot Battle Breifs  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 9:18 am

congrats. good batreps. need pixs Smile
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Epic Loot Battle Breifs    Epic Loot Battle Breifs  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 4:02 pm

I know, I know. I was able to get 3 full games in that weekend so maybe my game speed is up enough now where I can start taking some pics Smile
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: Epic Loot Battle Breifs    Epic Loot Battle Breifs  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 6:18 am

Good reports dude!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epic Loot Battle Breifs    Epic Loot Battle Breifs  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Epic Loot Battle Breifs
Page 1 of 1