Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warmachine / Hordes

Go down 
+2
Exitus Acta Probat
Edge
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Edge

Edge

Warmachine / Hordes Empty
PostSubject: Warmachine / Hordes   Warmachine / Hordes Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Who in the club plays?

Edge
Crawling Chaos
Smilek

Anyone else have played, playing now or will play?

I have not had much time with 4 kids and long hours at work to get my regular irregular 40k games.
WM/H takes a lot less time to read up on, paint and play.

I have played about 20 games or so with Khador.
It has been a real eye-opener on the table-top.
Completely refreshing to sit down and just play a game without the worry and stress that has come upon me as of late with 6e 40k.
I will get back into 40k on a regular basis but for now my next 40k date is Buckeye Battles.
Meantime I am focusing on WM/H...if you are looking for a game or know of a tournement, let me know.

Thanks

Pics and Battle Reports to follow.

'If only we had a forum category for Warmachine/Hordes...'
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine / Hordes   Warmachine / Hordes Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:45 pm

I have Khador and Cygnar, and have to be honest that the new faction (name escapes) has a distinctly 'Metropolis' feel to some elements...and I shall have them, oh yes I shall!
Back to top Go down
http://exitusactaprobat1.blogspot.com/
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine / Hordes   Warmachine / Hordes Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:21 pm

'If only we had a forum category for Warmachine/Hordes...'

That's what the other games section was created for.....
Back to top Go down
Crawling Chaos

Crawling Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine / Hordes   Warmachine / Hordes Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:37 am

Affliction plays Cryx and Skorne.
E-mail plays Legion and Mercs.
Torren plays Skorne.
I believe Wayno has Khador, but I don't know if he plays.

And shameless plug. Some of us locals record podcasts and have a Warmachine forum at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

EAP it is the Convergence of Cyriss.
Back to top Go down
Wayno

Wayno

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine / Hordes   Warmachine / Hordes Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 3:50 am

I played a couple of games. But I sold my stuff to Email.
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine / Hordes   Warmachine / Hordes Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Anyone playing WM/H lately?
I am in a journeyman league and would like to get more games in to get ready for tournaments.
Back to top Go down
Crawling Chaos

Crawling Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine / Hordes   Warmachine / Hordes Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 12:59 pm

Cincinnatiwarmachine.com is a good start.

Art of War on Wednesdays.
EGC on Thursdays.

Then we've been doing competetive game nights on Saturdays at EGC. Show up as though it is a tournament and play with clocks. Then we go over problems or work out issues that come up during play.
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine / Hordes   Warmachine / Hordes Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 6:24 pm

Yeah...Art of War is out for me.
EGC might be good on sat...throughout week i have stay local. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Josh

Josh

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine / Hordes   Warmachine / Hordes Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm

I too have been looking more at warmachine. I had a large Khador army in first edition that I sold off. Anyone have suggestions on good sites to go to to start reading up on the game?

Cincinnatiwarmachine.com has terrible font to read on a tablet compared to this site by the way.
Back to top Go down
Crawling Chaos

Crawling Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine / Hordes   Warmachine / Hordes Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 10:45 pm

Yeah, I don't like the site font and asthetics much either. The background slows my phone to a crawl.

But, you can get advice from longtime tournament vets and good local players. The privateer site ranges depending on the faction. There are also a plethora of podcasts and blogs. Endgaming.net has a lot of videos of major cons games. Hell, even Dakka has a decent Warmachine section.
Back to top Go down
Josh

Josh

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine / Hordes   Warmachine / Hordes Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 5:32 pm

Just curious about the turnout at EGC and AOW, how many players turn up for the warmachine game nights and events on average?
Back to top Go down
Crawling Chaos

Crawling Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine / Hordes   Warmachine / Hordes Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 1:16 am

Usually 6-8. Art of war just started the new official privateer league, so we had more than usual. You don't need to be in the league to play, just to score points. (They have inducted people into the league to score points against them.Wink).

Anyway, hope to see some of you guys around. Just make it known that you're new or relearning. A lot of us are trying out tournament level lists and speeding up our game. Most everyone is willing to help out new players, so don't be turned off by all the tournament talk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine / Hordes   Warmachine / Hordes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warmachine / Hordes
Page 1 of 1