Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Don't Fear the Space Commies

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Warmonger

Warmonger

Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:30 am

painen wrote:
Quote :
we can just try and get a day next week that you are available.

That would be better, this weekend is booked for me.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

PostSubject: Reply   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Got in two more games in between painting. Both against 'crons. Won both. One was foot 'crons and it was big guns and 4objectives. Took 3/4. Linebreaker and first blood.

2nd was vs. wraith wing. 4fliers, 12 wraiths, 3 barges, 2lords all decked out and tanks. Relic was primary, kp secondary, FB, LB, StW, all worth 1. Won 6-3.
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 7:52 pm

Thanks Pain.... looks like you're ready to start rolling some tourneys with some Tau blitzkrieg action!

You should try to hit Makari's CAG primer tourney at Eastside 8-24. Maybe give a local Tau player down there some competition for 'Tau Top Dog'.
Back to top Go down
painnen

PostSubject: reply   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:37 pm

that's a pretty terrible weekend for me. my baby sister is getting married and x2 fantasy football drafts. still looking for tournament action though.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:37 am

painnen wrote:
Quote :
Got in two more games in between painting. Both against 'crons. Won both.

Nicely done! I'd still like to get a game in with ya sometime, is your table set up yet?
Back to top Go down
Painnen

PostSubject: Reply   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:24 am

I work 13/14 the next two weeks but my evenings aren't bad. Let me know what is good for you. No to the big table. There is a 6x4 and a 4x4. But that is only for board gaming. Almost there... Got all my figs assembled and based last week.

I also got in a game vs. nids. x2 flyrants, x3 tervigons, x3 gants, doom w/pod, ymgarls, a biovores. Duel missions big guns and kill points, and the 3 tertiaries. Won 6-2. Grounded each flyrant on first marker light and killed both fast. All his reserves died as soon as they came in from interceptor. He only pointed by killing my warlord.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:04 pm

I can play Sat. or Sun. pretty much any time, maybe Monday right after work.
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 4:52 am

I am looking to get a few games in on Sunday. Bookery or Loot...
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
Painnen

PostSubject: Reply   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:03 pm

I take my daughter home at 5pm tomorrow. It's about 20 mins from epic loot. I could be there 5:45 or so if that sounds possible. Otherwise it'll have to be next Sunday when I'm not having to work that morning like this week.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:48 pm

I can do that, so Epic Loot it is. Do you mind playing 2000 pts. as I'm wanting to test something for CAGBash.

Edge I would like to get in a game with you also but as my wife has informed me that I'm going to the grocery store with her tomorrow afternoon and I doubt I can get there early enough to get another game in.
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:40 pm

I'll be at Epic Loot anyway playing Warmachine. I'll have my 40k stuff with me.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

PostSubject: Reply   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 3:01 pm

2k is fine. Won't have anything crazy like quint-riptides, but it'll be a bulky 1850 list.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Cool, I'm not using Dbl Force Org. either, I'll see ya tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Have fun dudes!!!!
Back to top Go down
painnen

PostSubject: reply   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Well, I made my way to Epic Loot for an ass kicking and suffered only a bloody nose. I'll take it. The 2k showdown ended up a 3+ hour game of 'burn the chickens'. We rolled up 'The Relic'. I gave him first turn and managed to take the relic on my first turn with infiltrating kroot. I endured 3 rounds of shooting before dropping the infernal thing and then losing my Ethereal, which sealed the game for Monger, 3-2. (Linebreaker, Warlord +1) vs. First Blood and Linebreaker for me.

I dont' know alot of armies that can handle that many T5, 2+/5++ oblits w/out assaulting them, so I'd say he has a pretty good army list there. Hard to say how hot my dice were as there were so many 2+ saves for him to take and make. I did manage to do what Tau do best and that's kill anything not T5. I wiped out all of his scoring troops but could't displace the oblits from going where they pleased. I'm not exactly sure that Plasma Rifles would do any better as I'd have to be soooo much closer to him than I really would want to be. Now my Farsight Bomb lists do run mass plasma but they have a natural 3d6 jump move to compensate.

Wondering if we made mistakes? I'd say no. Pretty clear cut game. I did think his sorc was his warlord, so that model took alot of unnessisary flak...but had I focused on the real one, he could have just jumped from Oblit squad to the next and look-out for days. So no harm done there.

The amazingly good news however is that I got offered a shot at making your club! pretty stoked about that and said "yes" to the offer. You guys have a voting thing so I get that but if I make it I'd be pretty excited to say the least. Vote yes, and vote often. Hanging chads count as yes just like in florida!

Awwwwwww, GG Monger! First of many I hope. Thanks for the concideration to the club. Always wanted a group to compete against/with. Especially since I've played this game for 18 years!
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 11:37 pm

Great game! Always enjoy a game with a tough competitor Smile  Wasn't sure what to expect going into this game except a lot of shooting and there was...from both sides! Casualties were high all around.

Tau:

Ethereal
Suit HQ
6 Crisis Suits
3 Broadsides
4 pathfinders
1 Riptide
40 Kroot?
A dozen or so drones

CSM's:

30 cultists
 1 Obliterator
 1 Spawn
 3 Terminators
 8 Immortals
 1 Night Scythe
 5 Warriors

I'll post my list later, It's late and I'm going to bed Sleep
Back to top Go down
painnen

PostSubject: reply   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:07 pm

update:

gaming table will be completed the week of the 25th. so, i'll try and work with the wifey to get a "40k night" of weekly or bi-weekly status going soon after it's done.

i also gave the riptide his much needed pedicure and he's back on his feet again. (i KO'd him off the table in our game but as Edge pointed out, it was a clean break).

I considered double plasma instead of double missile but i just don't think as an all-comers list that they are needed. x12 Str7 shots @36" is too good to pass up vs. the field. The mediocre AP is only in question when dealing with TDA but I sincerely feel that TDA is only scary when it's backed with T5 models wearing it. I've never faced anything in 3+ that doesn't just melt under weight of fire or the Riptides. The real kicker is Str6 vs. Str7 when it comes to flyers. If I get my commander in with the broadsides/drones and give them Tank hunter it's a dead flyer more often than not. With Str6, I feel like I'll be forced to glance/destroy far too often.
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Good to hear you guys had a great game. Bummer about your fig dude.

I think personally that you would be a good addition to our crew and I need some experience against the new Tau.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:57 pm

painnen wrote:
Quote :
I considered double plasma instead of double missile but i just don't think as an all-comers list that they are needed. x12 Str7 shots @36" is too good to pass up vs. the field. The mediocre AP is only in question when dealing with TDA but I sincerely feel that TDA is only scary when it's backed with T5 models wearing it.
I agree at this point but as the meta changes you might want to reconsider. I think once the SM codex comes out you'll get a better idea. Multiple Paladin units deep striking with HQ support could possible cause problems just like the Oblits. Five man units compared to the Oblits 3 could compensate for the lack of toughness five as the both have two wounds.

This is my list from our game. Still needs a tweak or two.

Chaos Lord w/ Terminator, Nurgle, power axe, Burning Brand
Chaos Sorcerer w/ Terminator, lvl 3, force weapon
10 Cultists w/ shotgun
10 Cultists (x2)
 3 Terminators
Heldrake w/ baleflamer
 1 Spawn
 3 Obliterators w/ Nurgle, vets (x2)
 3 Obliterators w/ Nurgle,

Orikan
 8 Immortals w/ gauss, NS
 5 Warriors
A-Barge

Bastion

Looks a little mish mash at first glance but everything has a role to play in making it work. Of course more testing is needed against everybody! Wink
Back to top Go down
painnen

PostSubject: reply   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:42 pm

excellent discussion but I gotta say that paladins are not anywhere near nurgle oblit status.

1) T4 not T5
2) 275 min points @5 dudes, 315 if you take x2 psycannons so you can do something the turn you arrive.
3) only x1 IC in GK with T5, Draigo, and no battle brothers to get more elsewhere.
4) Draigo cannot use his +1/-1 if he's not on the board.
5) Com's link +ADL makes the "draigo tax" almost 500pts just to take paladins as troops w/out coming in piecemeal.

Paladins are just too damn expensive, IMO. Even if you manage to drop say, x3 5-man units of paladins down, the Tides will focus down on the ones w/out draigo. The only other points you'd have after those 16 models would be enough for x2 DKs @1850 and maybe a soladin to operate the com's link. Even then, you'd need another body to put x4 in reserve.
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:45 pm

I am up to the next challenge.
When and where?
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Didn't really do a points comparison, your probably right. Edge, I'll have to get back with ya on a game. Smile
Back to top Go down
Painnen

PostSubject: Reply   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 8:58 pm

Saturday 5:30??? @epic
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 3:52 am

@ painnen
5 is better but 530 will do. Razz
Back to top Go down
Painnen

PostSubject: Reply   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 1:36 pm

I work until 4. 5 might be hard to get there by. I'd say show up at 5 get the table ready and ill be there right away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't Fear the Space Commies   Don't Fear the Space Commies - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't Fear the Space Commies
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next