Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Game with New Necrons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Warmonger

Warmonger

1st Game with New Necrons Empty
PostSubject: 1st Game with New Necrons   1st Game with New Necrons Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:09 pm

I got together with HoD this afternoon and played my first game with the new Necrons. HoD was video taping it but got crunched and ended up forgetting after turn three of a seven turn game! So no video battle report this time but I will try to gist of how it went from memory.

We rolled on the scenario and deployment charts and got seize ground and spearhead. We were playing 2000 pts. Mack was using his Imperial Fists.

my list:

Nemesor & Vargard
Trazyn

5 Crypteks w/ 5 eldritch lances, solar pulse
1 Cryptek w/ abyssal staff, veil of darkness

9 Immortals w/ gauss blaster
10 Warriors
9 Warriors

6 Wraiths w/ 3 whip coils, 2 particle casters
5 Wraiths w/ 3 whip coils, 1 particle caster
5 Canoptek Scarabs

Annihilation Barge
Monolith
2 Canoptek Spiders

HoD list: (he can edit what I get wrong)

Lysander
Librarian w/ null zone, psychic flamer?

10 Tactical marines w/ las cannon (combat squaded)
Rhino w/ HK
10 Tactical marines w/ las cannon,melta (combat squaded)
Rhino w/ HK
10 Tactical marines w/ las cannon, melta
Rhino

10 Stern Guard w/ las cannons
10 Stern Guard w/ las cannons
5 Terminators w/ TH/SS

5 Devastators w/ las cannons
Razorback w/ las cannons

Last edited by Warmonger on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: 1st Game with New Necrons   1st Game with New Necrons Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:07 am

I got the first turn and picked the corner with a three story building and a small hill with ruins. Mack's deployment zone had a rocky hill in the back corner and another more towards the center of his board edge which held an objective. The building in my zone had an objective on the third floor and the last one was in between the two in open ground.

I set one unit of warriors on the third floor holding the objective. The Crypteks were joined by all the IC's and spread out on the first and second floors of the building. My Immortals with the lone Cryptek and another unit of warriors deployed to the right of the building hugging cover. Over at the small hill I placed the scarabs in cover and the two units of wraiths behind them. The Annihilation Barge was in between the two groups in the open. The Monolith was in reserve.

Mack placed his Devastators on the hill in the back corner and two combat squaded tacs on the hill with the objective. Lysander/Librarian/Terminators squad placed along side the hill with the objective and a unit on stern guard behind it. His vehicles lined up in front of the back hill, tac squads in the rhinos. HoD did not seize the initiative.

The spiders made two units of scarabs. I moved up the annihilation barge into range and my immortals and warriors on the ground moved up towards the middle objective. The wraith units moved forward and the scarabs followed behind. The lance crypteks destroyed a rhino, another couldn't shoot. The Immortals shot at the tac unit on the objective killing one. I popped the solar pulse in HoD's turn shutting down most of his las cannons. His rhinos moved up disembarked and three units laid into the smaller wraiths unit killing one and wounding another. The IC/Termies unit moved out around the hill and the stern guard went around the other side.

The spiders made two more scarab swarms bring them up to 9. They moved towards the center of the board while the wraiths moved up to assault a tac squad and the razorback. Concentrated fire on the squad in the nearest rhino reducing them to two. The scarabs assaulted them loosing a base and finished off the marines. The smaller wraith unit assaulted the other marine squad killing one and taking a wound. The larger wraith squad assaulted the razorback destroying it. Mack tanked shocked the wraiths making room for the Terminators to assault the small wraith unit. The Devastators shot at the wraith but they made their saves. The stern guard and tac squads killed half of the Immortals. The wraiths concentrated on the marines in assault killing all but the melta gunner who fled and the Terminators brought the wraith unit down to one.

Turn three the Monolith came in and deep struck on my left flank. The large wraith unit moves into assault range of the Devastators. The spiders make two more scarab bases. The immortals moved up to HoD's held objective. The scarabs moved into assault range of the lone melta gunner and another marine squad. Concentrated fire on the unit holding Mack's objective failed terribly only killing one. The last wraith dies to Mack's Death star termie unit which consolidated towards my lines. My last wraith unit assaults and destroyed the Devastator squad consolidating towards Mack's objective. The scarabs assault the marines getting locked in combat. Mack's death star moves closer towards my lines, his concentrated fire destroyed the immortals and their cryptek.

After three turns; Necrons 1, Imperial Fist 1. More to come.

Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: 1st Game with New Necrons   1st Game with New Necrons Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:49 am

I'll let Monger relay the rest of the report.... as stated, crunches took me out of making the video. Wink

As far as my list, the only thing to really add was that the tacs had a melta in with them also.

My take on the Crons.... resiliant. I threw alot at his Deathstar, CC and shooting. The unit was like SS/TH termies with T5, phase shifter and septernal weave, 2+/3++. Plus the WBB and the fact that Vargard could pull them out of combat really hurts and the res orb. Also they we're throwing out those str 8 Eldritch lances.... brutal.

The wraiths... still a pain in the ass! Now with 2 wounds and rending, you're in for a fight!

Overall, I'm definately impressed with them so far.

Thanks for the game Monger!

Next playtest is my turn to run the Crons...... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: 1st Game with New Necrons   1st Game with New Necrons Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:19 pm

Sounds great so far!
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: 1st Game with New Necrons   1st Game with New Necrons Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:42 pm

Top of turn four:

My last unit of wraiths moved towards his objective looking to get a long distance charge in. Mack's deathstar had moved towards my Cryptek unit last turn and would be able to assault this turn. I had a choice between teleporting them away from the Termies or move down to level one and prepare for the up coming assault. Normally I would have teleported but since we're play testing I decided to take the assault and see how my IC/Cryptek unit fairs. The spiders made two more scarab swarms and then moved out from behind the building. The warriors on the right side of the building fanned out to get everyone in rapid fire range. Split fire between the Termies and the stern guard killing one SG and wounding the Librarian with the death star. The monolith wiffs. Couldn't reach the marines on the objective but I could reach the scarab combat but ended up forgetting to do so. The scarabs killed the lone melta gunner and one marine from the other squad losing two swarms in return staying locked.
Mack moves his death star into assault range then punishes my wraith for being left stranded in the open killing three. The last of the marines fighting the scarabs die taking another swarm base with them. The IC/ termie squad assaults, Trazyn use mindshackle scarabs on the Librarian but he passes with a roll of a 9. He then cuts down a Cryptek. My unit attacks back killing a terminator and finishing off the Librarian. I pass my moral check and we're locked. One Cryptek stands back up.

The spiders made two more scarab swarms. I moved the scarabs towards the remaining rhino. My Cryptek unit teleported out of combat towards the remaining stern guard unit firing their lances and staff of light dropping a couple. The barge and two units of warriors fired on the Terminators doing nothing. The Monolith blew off the hunter killer missle on the rhino. The wraiths assault the marines holding Mack's objective killing one. The spiders assaulted the death star killing one regular Joe and both dying in return. Mack got a very good consolidation roll and moved towards my Cryptek unit. Mack moves his Terminators and Lysander into assault range of my Cryptek unit again. He splits fire between the wraiths and Cryptek unit doing nothing. I try to mindshackle Lysander but he passes with a roll of a 10. He assaults killing Vargard and two Crypteks, I whiff completely but pass my moral check. Vargard stands back up. Score: Necrons 1, Imperial Fists 0.

Mack rolls for turn 6 and the game continues. The barge moves to block the center objective and my warriors move out to control it. The Crypteks teleport out of combat to a point behind the barge and the middle objective. The scarabs move towards the rhino. I shoot my last eldritch lance at the Terminators and do nothing. The Monolith blows off the bolter on the rhino. Mack had one last scoring unit near his original objective so they wraiths stayed put to contest. The scarabs assaulted the rhino which hadn't moved last turn turning it to dust. Mack fires everything at the wraiths doing nothing. He moved and then assaulted my barge destroying both weapons and stunning it and knocking down the quantum shielding and contesting the middle objective.

I roll for turn 7 and the game continues. At this point Mack had one tac squad, 6 stern guard and Lysander with 3 Terminators on the table. I had a unit of nine warriors and a unit of 10 warriors, the Monolith, a beaten up barge, 3 wraiths, 10 scarab bases and three IC's with one Cryptek left. We evaluated the situation and Mack couldn't win and had a slim chance for a tie. His last Tac squad would have to make it thru about 8 inches of difficult terrain testing on movement and assault and then kill all three wraiths attacking last and no power fist so he conceded.

Victory Necrons 1-0. A very good game and I got to try my first YuengLing Black and Tan. Awesome, you need to try one! I'll give my thought on the Necrons later!

Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: 1st Game with New Necrons   1st Game with New Necrons Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:41 am

First game review posted on Home page. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Game with New Necrons   1st Game with New Necrons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Game with New Necrons
Page 1 of 1