Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GK testing

Go down 
+2
Hand of Dume
Drkmorals
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Drkmorals
Admin
Drkmorals

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:08 pm

Got in two games hanging out with Mike and Drew.

Crons vs Gk's

MArines vs GK's

This is a place holder in hopes It will force me to take the time to edit the video Mike took so we can share them with you guys.

More to come. =)
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Can't wait to see it C!
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:54 pm

Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
Drkmorals
Admin
Drkmorals

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:42 am

Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 1:14 pm

Nice report.

DkM- Gotta get those terrain mods on the vehicles, worth the pts everytime. Do you think Psybacks are better than Assbacks?

EAP- Necrons seem to be lacking strong or effective AT. AV13...should have prevented more...dice failure?
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 1:58 pm

not enough heavy fire power ...and I actually rolled average

DkM, on the other hand seized the initiative in both games he played that day, and nearly never failed to kill something he pointed at.
I think I want to float his dice! Very Happy cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://exitusactaprobat1.blogspot.com/
Edge

Edge

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:16 pm

EAP - you were expressing frustration with the LR...didn't you have 2 Warscythe Barges?
Don't they get 3 free swings when you pass over the vehicle...did you forget about it or did it not work out?
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:26 pm

I have to pass over itin order to do so, and it was roughly mid field with units behind it for the majority of the game.
the only way to have done so until turn 4 would have been to stick them up the center and pray the dreadnoughts and psycannon did not drop them.
so, so we both agreed he was a little too conservative in his play, that part icular error protected his land raider...while I went about nullifying dreadnoughts
Back to top Go down
Drkmorals
Admin
Drkmorals

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:01 pm

I like the heavy bolters because its hard to argue with points vs efficiency on that unit. It stupid cheap and broken good at that points level. Each razor with search light fancy ammo and 3 man squad was 63 points. Although I wouldn't say better. I want to do some more playtesting. I like the assback's too but they are a bit more pricey and If you are not running them all that way you now have instant targets. Upgrading several of them is honestly something I am considering for how to spend the points jump to 2000 points from 1850.

Mike's dice had been about average all game. I did roll above average the first couple turns but it evened out over the course of the game. However I rolled a ton of 5 or 6's when it counted lol.

I am still getting a feel for the army and I was absolutely not sure what to do with all these dumb metal boxes lol. Something I apologized to mike for several times as it took me a bit longer than normal for turns as I thought while I figured out what to do. New army plus new playing mechanics for me. (My first marine army)

WE both agreed I should have been more aggressive but I am prob not going to be overly aggressive with this army most the time. I like using it to support itself and being a army of vehicles it pretty tough. My initial thought was to see what he was going to do with his command barges but when he didn't commit them as a threat he threw them to a flank I moved up and focused on his vehicles while I had all my firepower to try to mathhammer them away with numbers. also I got to test out several list theories while playing. And I will say that he didn't notice because of how things broke down but while had the raider screened it also provided a NICE SHROUDING BUBBLE for several turns if you shot at anything in cover around it. (FOR the record I only rolled 4's to pass and 2's when I failed rolls though so it didn't help this game lmao.) Also for the record the command barge in the back fell because he dynamically posed it the wrong way and parked it by a Ven dread with a melta... =P Which I won't normally be taking in the future. Other wise it would have taken more damage I think.

I didn't play it like I think others do. but if you watch my units are always positioned to be ablet o support fire each other if need be. That wasn't by plan just I think how I play perhaps?

His lords Taking out the Dreads is much more important IMHO. While he couldn't stop the raider and that was annoying how else would he have stopped the dreads? The Raider is a flex unit and I don't care if I lose it most games that's why I run it. For the way I play every shot at it is a win to me. =) Means you aren't shooting something else. I could pron run something better but I want to play with it for a bit.

I learned a ton about both armies and have list tweaks to make.

Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:37 pm

Exitus Acta Probat wrote:
I have to pass over itin order to do so, and it was roughly mid field with units behind it for the majority of the game.

the only way to have done so until turn 4 would have been to stick them up the center and pray the dreadnoughts and psycannon did not drop them.

so, so we both agreed he was a little too conservative in his play, that part icular error protected his land raider...while I went about nullifying dreadnoughts

Yes and no... Your CCB has to move over it...irregardless of how fast the target moved. You 'clip' the corner of the target moving 12" and hit on 4+ 3x, no cover save from Shrouding...S7 + 2d6 will net 1 Land Raider, get the Lord out, shoot the unit and then assault the unit. The good thing about the CCB is its special attack happens in the Movt phase.

I would think that if you moved the 2 GA's and the 2 CCB's up he would have to deal with them...using the LR and Terrain for cover from the Dreads.

He did seem to play conservatively.
Back to top Go down
Drkmorals
Admin
Drkmorals

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:21 pm

Quote :
S7 + 2d6 will net 1 Land Raider

Not always he assaulted the LR and I didn't move it last turn. Still failed to destroy it. =/

Quote :

Hey now I still won lol =P
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:34 pm

Edge wrote:

Yes and no... Your CCB has to move over it...irregardless of how fast the target moved. You 'clip' the corner of the target moving 12" and hit on 4+ 3x, no cover save from Shrouding...S7 + 2d6 will net 1 Land Raider, get the Lord out, shoot the unit and then assault the unit. The good thing about the CCB is its special attack happens in the Movt phase.

I would think that if you moved the 2 GA's and the 2 CCB's up he would have to deal with them...using the LR and Terrain for cover from the Dreads.

Yes and somewhat Yes...
I didn't say wholly over it, but (as you said) you still have to pass over some portion of it, and until he had it in assault potential range, I would have had to move flat out to 'clip' any corner, after repositioning into his guns teeth for a turn...too many psifleman shots, and potential psycannon, the way things played out.
I could have clipped a corner with one on turn three...by moving flat out. Couldn't flat out, swipe, then disembark and assault...flat out prevents that (as you reminded me in a game with DE).

finally, no...one sweep doesn't = a downed raider.
3 attks at a 4+ to hit = 1.5 hits
benefit of the doubt = 2
of two, your 'curve' on 2d6 = a 7, so after granting you the benefit of the doubt double hit, I'm going to say no pens, but two glances.
between a Land Raider's PotMS, and the GK Fortitude, that = one useful result...Immobilized (which we know occurs only 1 in 6).

now, had he jammed it down my gullet, and BOTH barges could have swiped him, it woulda been doable...but still, with only 4 hits at that stage, you are still looking at a diminishing return vs AV-14+PotMS without melta bonus.
I need some scarabs, and the tweaks I am going to perform on my courts.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:37 pm

Nicely Done DkM! Mike...What the Hell happened? Did you use any pulses? I don't remember any. I couldn't quite figure out what you were doing with the Monolith? You kept it in the backfield the whole game, did it shoot any it never looked like it was in range or did it whiff like mine did?
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:00 pm

it whiffed...and whiffed...and then got abused (actually, it hurt some purifiers before being abused).

it didn't really move alot partially due to deployment...I was seized upon, and you can't really move-react with a vehicle that can only move 6" a turn.... Mad
that REALLY put me off, more than anything. It was like a 6" anchor once the tables turned, and I do NOT like being 'grounded'.

I used both pulses, first two turns. He used spotlights to illuminate arks those first two turns. I guess we didn't really talk about it, as we both knew they were being used...may not have even been said, just known (damn, that's funny! lol).

or, it may have been edited...I cuss alot in friendly games! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

My shooting was very poor. Rolls were average, per se, but not of sufficient quality.

Next list will address that to a certain degree, including replacement of the tremorstaves...and redistribution of 200pts worth of brick... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:24 am

Nice report guys.

Alot of vehicles out there... looked like end of the night at a demo derby. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:11 pm

I pulled a HoD...

I assumed (yeah yeah yeah) as it was on the same hull, that an Annihilation Barge is fast...
I was wrong.

firk ding blast, why does Matt Ward hate all things non-canoptek???

So, in addition to an unintentional points cheat...I 'pulled a HoD', dammit I'm getting old! ;-)
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:15 pm

I like that the "wronging" is referenced to me... Wink
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:08 pm

Hand of Dume wrote:
I like that the "wronging" is referenced to me... Wink

Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 6:13 pm

EAP wrote:
Quote :
dammit I'm getting old!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
Josh

Josh

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:37 pm

Entertaining battle report. Necron suffer from the Ork problem of no melta in a vehicle heavy environment. I remain unconvinced they can be played without scarabs.
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Josh wrote:
I remain unconvinced they can be played without scarabs.

I still think there's a possibility, but limited testing (damned spawn, what the hell was I thinking whelping?) is preventing me from really getting there with it.
That, and in the long run you may be right.

I have 20 swarms, so if I have to...well, I do...but I hate being almost FORCED to take a unit.
Obstinate in this case, as I liked them before (as evidenced by the fact I have them), but it's still frustrating.

Working on some Wraith conversions, that'll be the next step.
Back to top Go down
Drkmorals
Admin
Drkmorals

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:09 pm

Mike is a bit stubborn in his old age. His skill perhaps has him a bit arrogant lol. =P We honestly discussed it a few times and after playing the test game we both almost came to the same conclusion. That you are forced to play either scarabs or perhaps wraiths. They are your only ability to face the mech heavy meta head on with the way the codex breaks down.

I personally don't believe you have another option. I will be surprised if a list shows up that proves otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:00 pm

Drkmorals wrote:
has him a bit arrogant lol. =P

I wouldn't call it 'arrogance'...obstinate, yes...convinced that I can come to the table in a mech environ and stand a decent chance without resort to scarabs, or scarab farms....maybe not convinced, but convinced I'm gonna give a damned good go of it.
finally, I do believe I ended saying "I think you might be right", no?

Drkmorals wrote:
I personally don't believe you have another option. I will be surprised if a list shows up that proves otherwise.

I certainly hope to surprise.
Back to top Go down
Drkmorals
Admin
Drkmorals

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Quote :
finally, I do believe I ended saying "I think you might be right", no?

Well yeah you said that... but..... if I admit that right away then its much harder to poke at you and give you a hard time for trying to swim up stream. =P

then what would our club be about? Actually war gaming? I thought the game was a reason to get together and talk trash and poke fun at each other...hmmmm I should read the bi laws again perhaps. O_o ???

lol
Back to top Go down
Josh

Josh

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:01 am

Don't poke him too hard Charles, he might break a hip! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GK testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GK testing   GK testing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down