Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bookery Rundown

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Warmonger

Warmonger

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:59 pm

Well it has come and gone, another good day of gaming. It was a small crowd but I saw several people I haven't seen in a while and played some people I haven't played before or has been a really long time. I placed 2nd cheers so I'm happy!

It was 1500 pts. My list:

Imotekh
Destroyer Lord w/ warscythe, weave, orb, scarabs

Cryptek w/ abyssal staff, veil
Cryptek w/ lance, pulse
Cryptek w/ lance
Cryptek w/ lance

5 Warriors x3

6 Wraiths w/ 3 coils, 1 p. caster
6 Wraiths w/ 2 coils, 2 p. caster
7 Scarabs

2 Tomb Spiders w/ prism

First game was against James Agee and his Grey Knights. His list:

Cortez
Librarian w/ warding stave, warp rift, sanctuary, shrouding, might, 1 servo skull

5 Terminators w/ 4 halberds, 1 psycannon
10 Strike squad w/ daemon hammer, 2 psycannons, rhino
4 DCA & 2 Crusaders

Storm raven

LR Crusader w/ multi melta
Psyrifleman

Mission was Pitched Battle/Seize Ground mod. (roll for objective value 1=trap, 2-3=fake, 4-5=1 obj. Point, 6=2 obj. Points.

The Grey Kights went first and setup the rhino w/ the strike squad in the center of his deployment in some ruins. The LR Crusader w/ Cortez & the DCA to the right and the Dread and Raven w/ the Termies and Librarian to his left. I failed to seize.
He moved the Crusader up 12 inches, the rhino immobilized itself in the ruins, the dread moved to get cover and Stormraven went flat out to my right flank. Shooting did nothing and there was no assaults.
I made some scarabs and rushed the LR. The two wraith units moved up the center followed by the spiders. A warrior squad on my left moved to an objective in some ruins. The Crypteks immobilized the storm raven and the scarabs hitting on 6's reduced it's armor to 11.

His second turn the strike squad disembarked, the LR moved back the direction it came from, the Termies and Libby disembarked and moved towards wraith unit without the DLord. Cortez's unit disembarked. Shooting kills a Cryptek and wounds a wraith and all the scarab bases. Warp rift kills 3 wraiths. One from the DLord unit and 2 from the other.
My turn 2 the warriors on my lefft flank move onto the objuective. Imotekh, veil cryptek/warrior squad move towrds the obj. On my right flank. The DLord/wraith unit assaults the strike squad, the other wraiths assault the Termies, the spiders moved towards the Storm raven. Lightening kills 2DCA and 1 crusader. DLords wraith unit routs the strike squad staying within 6 inches. Libby/terms and wraiths stay locked in.

His turn 3, the strike squad falls back. Termies/Libby kill one and wound one wraith, termie dies stay locked. Cortez's unit gets back in the LR and moves forward. Shooting kills three warriors on my left flank objective and the last 2 Lanceteks.
In my turn the DLord leaves his wraith unit and moves to assault the Termies/Libby. The wraiths then assault the immobile rhino destroying it and maintaining the 6 inch distance to the strike squad. The obj. on my right flank is a trap. Still one warrior squad in reserve. Night fight ends. Spiders assault the storm raven destroying it. DLord/wraiths kill all the Termies leaving the Librarian.

Last turn, Strike squad moves off the table, Dread shoots kills a wraith. Libby stays locked, Cortez assaults and kills warriors taking the left objective.
My fourth, wraiths assault the Dread ripping it's weapons off. The Libby dies. Warriors come in from reserve but could not make it far enough to contest objective.

Game ends...minor loss

It was a good game but I made a couple of mistakes and it cost me. The veiltek/warrior squad should have been placed on my left flank and not held in reserve coming on my right flank and the spiders should have went after the LR instead of the SR. scratch

Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:52 am

Sucks it only lasted 4 turns. What was game length, 2 hr? Was your opponent dragging their feet?
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:04 am

It was 2 hour rounds. No feet dragging or anything. It is just the way it went.
Back to top Go down
Drkmorals
Admin
Drkmorals

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:35 am

Did the Storm lord or Night fighting effect the game in any way? Sorry I always ask you random Cron questions lol I am playing them for the team event at adepticon so your part of my study process =P

Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Night fighting didn't play significant part, restricted some shooting, lightening bolts killed a few DCA. It really came into play on the third game but your going to have to wait for the battle raport. Wink
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Game 2: Spearhead deployment, random game objectives ( roll on turn 3, 1-2 kill points, 3-4 table quarters, 5-6 terrain features. 5 objectives and 4 Lrg. Ruins 1 Lrg. Building for terrain.

I played Dan who was running Tyranids. Bit of an odd list. He said it was made to counter Grey Knights?
His list from memory.

Hive Tyrant- tricked out, pie plate shooting weapon
30 shooty gaunts
7 Ripper swarms x2
2 Venomthorpes
2 Lichtors
Tyrannofex
Trygon

The table had a ruin in each quarter and the building in the center. I won the roll off and made him deploy first. He placed his Tyrant, Tyrannofex,, Venomthorpes behind the building in the center. One ripper swarm on each flank. The lictors, gaunts, Trygon in reserve. I placed all my stuff back in my deployment in and around some ruins. Left the 2 naked warrior squads in reserve. Imotekh, Veiltek in a warrior squad was in the ruins. I seized.

Since the mission objectives weren't determined yet I just sat back and waited for him to come to me. NF restricted his shooting and unfortunately the lightening doesn't do much all game.
His Lictors came in second turn, arrived by my ruins out in the open. The Ripper swarms move up, the Tyrant moved into the building. The Tyrannofex continued to move up.

Turn 3 and we need to go for terrain features. Warriors arrive from reserve and move on to my right capturing the ruins on that flank. The scarabs have been growing all game and finally move out with the wraiths. NF ended. The Crypteks cause a couple of wounds on the Tyrannofex. Lictors shot to pieces. Ripper swarms killed by the scarabs and wraiths.
His turn the Trygon and gaunts still don't arrive. Tyrannofex charges wraiths. Wraiths take it down to one
wound.

Turn 4 the wraiths finish the Tyrannofex. DLord and his wraiths move towards the Venomthorpes. I have 2 secured terrain features. The scarabs spread out with the spiders waiting on the gaunts and Trygon.
His turn nothing comes on again. Nothing really happens.
We go to turn 5 and realizes his stuff should have arrived due to the Tyrants bonus. As we talk he decides to concede as he cannot contest or control enough now to win.

Game ends: minor victory

Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:41 pm

If his lictors were on the board, he would have gotten an additional +1.

Only 1 scoring unit of gaunts... really? C'mon was this dude for real?
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:46 pm

The Lictors came on in his turn died in my following turn. Never had a chance to improve his rolls. He briefly explained his take on his list. He said it was made specifically for Grey Knights. That doesn't make it tournament competitive especially when the missions were posted and controlling objectives were a major part. Unless you just go for the massacre.
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:09 am

With that list, he'd have a hard time massacring GK. Tailoring a list for one specific army in a tourney environment is handicapping your list from the getgo. How could he possibly even know there would be any GK there to begin with for him to tailor his list in the first place? scratch

Last edited by Hand of Dume on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:17 am

Yea there was only 2 Grey Knight armies, must have been expecting more. I will say nobody was expecting Necrons. The people that recognized my name on the sheet haven't seen me in a while and thought I would be bringing DE. SURPRIZE Shocked
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Game 3: This was an Annihilation/mod. Capture & control with spearhead deployment. Objective counters were placed in the center of unoccupied table quarters. My opponent was William running IG.

His list:

Priest
10 vets w/ shotguns, 3 melta's, chimera x4
10 vets w/ shotguns, 3 melta's
Vendetta
Vanquisher w/ las cannon, Pask
Demolisher w/ plasma sponsons, las cannon
Russ w/ las cannon

The table was full of hills with a medium sized one in the middle. I won the roll off and had him set up first. He was surprised and happy at this. He set up lining up the chimeras in front of a hill in his deployment very close to the 12" radius. He placed his Vanquisher and Russ on the hill behind them and the Demolisher to his left along with the Vendetta w/ the priest and vet squad.
I deployed my wraiths right on the 12" radius with the scarabs on my right facing the vendetta, Crypteks on a hill in the back. Two units of warriors, one with Imotekh and the Veiltek touching the hill ready to move out towards the objective counters. He scouts up to 12" away from the scarabs expecting to hit them hard on the first turn. That's when it starts to fall apart for him. I seize.

Turn 1: I rush my wraiths forward towards his chimeras. The scarabs go for the Vendetta with the spiders trailing behind. The warrior squads move out towards the objectives. I explained to him about Imotekh's lightening ability but told him it hasn't worked much today. I then proceed to roll 3 sixes, 2 on his chimeras and one on the Demolisher. One chimera and the Demolisher are wrecked. The vets hold. The other chimera is blown up causing a couple of wounds to the vets and pinning them. The scarabs surround the vendetta wrecking it and killing everyone inside.
He moves one vet squad over a little and unloads everything he's got except for the Vanquisher into the wraiths with the DLord. He kills 2 wraiths and wounds everyone else. The Vanquisher misses it's target.

Turn 2: NF continues. The scarabs move towards the Vanquisher. The DLord and his unit move towards the Demolisher, the plain wraiths move towards the vets that are not pinned. Imotekh gets one lightening bolt it lands on the pinned vets killing 4-5, they fail moral and flee. The Dlords unit assaults the Russ and the wraiths assault the vets. The Russ is wrecked and the vets suffer more than 50% casualties and retreat off the table.
His turn he moves the Vanquisher off the hill and away from the scarabs and 1 Chimera over some. He shoots with everything killing another wraith and wounding the DLord.

Turn 3: NF ends, The game was pretty much over at this point but William was a good sport and played hard the rest of the game. I admired that and I think all ML members would agree! Cool the plain wraiths move towards the chimera that's been moving around some. The scarabs move towards the Vanquisher and the Dlords unit move behind the Vanquisher. The Crypteks blew up the chimera by the plain wraiths. The vets failed moral and fled. The DLords unit and the scarabs assault the Vanquisher destroying it. The plain wraiths assault the fleeing vets causing over 50% casualties and running them down.
His turn he shoots with his remaining vet squad and chimera not doing any damage.

Turn 4: my warrior squads capture the objectives. The DLord separates from the wraiths. All the wraiths from both squads the tomb spiders and scarabs surrounds the remaining chimera. The scarabs wreck the chimera killing everyone inside.

Game ends-Massacre

Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:36 pm

I would call that a 'crushing victory'! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Drkmorals
Admin
Drkmorals

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:22 am

Good reports Monger and congrats again!!!

It appears the Wraith heavy list is a beast for Guard players I have seen other reports online that end up going that way as well.

That NID list is crazy? I don't understand how it beats up GK's. I'll play it!!! Twisted Evil

Any chance who ever gets the template's before this weekend can post up or text me a pic of it? I would like to see a finished one if possible. bounce
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: can't expect much from Dan's list   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:13 pm

I wouldn't say that Dan's 'Nids were competitive. I think a tailored anti-grey knight list would have overlapping shadow's in the warp coverage in the very least. next, you'll need to crack vehicles. you're stuck right there at 1.5k anyways.

I personally find Ymgarls, Poisoned 'Stealers, Poisoned Gargoyles, and Shrikes w/Lash Whip/Bonesword to be about as effective as you're going to get. Sad thing, is that you have to offer up bait to the GKs to get them out of the rides because you just don't have the points to spend on cracking vehicles w/out assaulting them with the 'stealers. Most will park 12-24" up the center of the table and just mow you down piecemeal as you try to crowd them. The best bait would be to run a Tervigon and her babies right up a flank towards an objective. Bubble wrap as best you can to save the Tervigon from being ganked and hope counter attack of rends/power weapons can even the odds. IMO, there is very little that 'nids can do to effectively handle GKs.

Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:21 pm

Agreed... Bugs would have a hard time with GK. I'll have to throw my Bugs out against GK to see how they would do. C, you interested.

Thanks for your feedback Painnen.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:02 am

I'm not a Tyranid player but if I was to build Nids to beat GK ( at least the Cortez/MSU spam type) I think I would start with spammed Mawlocs, Ymgarl Genestealers and regular Genestealers (outflanking). I'm not sure what else without studying the codex some but here is my thoughts so far. All this reserves, Genestealers outflank. This forces spammed razorbacks towards center and closer together for the Mawlocs str6 blast when they come in. Ymgarls pick terrain feature around 18" from enemy.

Ymgarls threaten front, Stealers threaten flank, Mawlocs threaten enemy deployment zone. All these units are sacrificial and are meant to cause maximum damage and disruption in the enemy lines and their deployment. This is all to prevent the GK's from being able to concentrate on the mission objectives. The list will need some scoring troops for holding objectives, a Hive Tyrant (+1 to reserve rolls!) and shadows of the warp. Would this stand a chance with some refinement? or am I out in right field somewhere Wink
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:41 am

I think it's a good start to the tactic. I personally would add the Swarmlord for the additional +1 to reserve rolls. This will enable the Mawlocs and outflanking genestelers to come on in force (Alpha strike) to saturate the GKs instead of piece meal where they could concentrate fire. Also scoring and shooty units in pods to hit rear armor. Pushing the GKs to center will help in contolling the battlefield with Shadow of the Warp.

I can lend you the codex Monger to check out and if desired, play a game with my Bugs.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:21 am

I have a photo copy of it it. I just haven't looked at it in a long time. 3+ isn't really piece meal but if you feel the need an extra plus one to the reserve roll is nice if you have the points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bookery Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookery Rundown   Bookery Rundown Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bookery Rundown
Page 1 of 1