Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feeling like a noob!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Warmonger

Warmonger

Feeling like a noob! Empty
PostSubject: Feeling like a noob!   Feeling like a noob! Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:24 pm

I have recently started something new and boy it brings back memories of being a noob.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I bought the new V3 rule set back in April and have been reading thru it. I have always been interested in the WWII era and with their new rules version coming out this past March and the real lack of any 40k discussions, rumors, news I got motivated to give it a look see Shocked

There are 2 options for starting out. You can get the 3 book V3 set which includes the hard back rule book and 2 soft back books. One is a hobby book which talks about uniform colors, camoflage and basing info. The other is a forces book containg 13 different army company lists covering the 4 major powers (US, British, Soviets, Germans) in the Late War (LW) era.
The other is a box set "Achtung" which includes a soft back mini rule book, 2 german StuG's and 3 British Sherman tanks and some dice.

I have finished the rule book and have watched FoW's video series on YouTube covering the different aspects of the game. It is very good and really helps with understanding their rule set. I would highly recommend it. It starts with Boot Camp and ends with a small game, about 13 videos in all about 5-6 minutes each.

Anyways I know there are some other members who play or have played and I wanted to do a roll call of sorts on any body that plays and what forces and era they play. While I don't have an army yet I'm still up for a game or two while I rectify that situation.

ROLL CALL: Stand and be Counted! Smile

Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: Feeling like a noob!   Feeling like a noob! Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm up!
Mid War Germans (afrika corps)
Mid War Finns

Late War Germans (standard, mixed)
Late War Germans (stug battery)
Late War Germans (Tiger Company)
Late War Brits
Back to top Go down
http://exitusactaprobat1.blogspot.com/
Crawling Chaos

Crawling Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Feeling like a noob!   Feeling like a noob! Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:36 pm

I know Makari plays. As for myself, I really, really don't need another game. Especially with DUST starting to pick up around the shop.
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Feeling like a noob!   Feeling like a noob! Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 9:46 pm

I have a large US army for sale...
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: Feeling like a noob!   Feeling like a noob! Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 9:54 pm

for sale?
why don't you just play for fun?
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Feeling like a noob!   Feeling like a noob! Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 2:26 pm

Nobody around here plays. Epic has almost noone who plays FoW. They all left when the Keep closed.

I haven't purchased any new books in 2 years...
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Feeling like a noob!   Feeling like a noob! Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 3:27 pm

EGC has games on Sundays. I just think it would be a fun distraction from 40k. I also heard that some of the KK FoW guys are checking out Game Haven. That was since CincyCon, don't know if it is panning out or not?
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: Feeling like a noob!   Feeling like a noob! Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 3:50 pm

I know that a number of them went to the hobby shop by the dayton mall, I believe they meet there on sundays mostly, though I am not 100% certain on the day ...I had seen some of the historical guys from KK in there on saturday morning s.
Back to top Go down
Wayno

Wayno

PostSubject: Re: Feeling like a noob!   Feeling like a noob! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:42 am

I think Email plays.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Feeling like a noob!   Feeling like a noob! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 2:16 pm

I got my BG&G resource book about a month ago and have been going thru it trying to decide which force I wanted to start. I narrowed it down between a German FHH Panzerkompanie and an American Tank Destroyer Company.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Panzerkompanie would allow me to field 11 mighty Panther tanks and still have points for AA and recon. The Tank Destroyer (TD)...well, lets me destroy tanks! and tanks seem to be everywhere sooo I went with the TD's. This list also allows me to field a more balanced force and lets me use a greater variety of platoon options while still maintaining my tank destroying ability.

Here is what I came up with to start with. comments/critiques welcome.

CC - M20 scout car
2iC - M20 scout car

CP - 4 M18 Hellcats
CP - 4 M18 Hellcats

WP - 1 TD recon ( M8 armored car, 2 recon jeeps)

SP - 4 M4A3(late) Sherman tanks
SP - 2 M5 3 in (late), M3 halftrack, 3 recon jeeps, 2 bazooka's
SP - 6 Priests
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeling like a noob!   Feeling like a noob! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feeling like a noob!
Page 1 of 1