Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hate stoopid models

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

Hate stoopid models Empty
PostSubject: Hate stoopid models   Hate stoopid models Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 9:23 pm

+++rant on+++
Probably fits more under 'Off Topic' as this isn't an article per-se...but it is 40k specific.

Is it just me?
EVERY time I see the Forge/Mauler-Fiends and the Helldrake, I get a little angry.
There was potential here, to forge ahead with a grand army...harken back to the 'old ways', revise and update understood fluff...and focus on that which was WRONG in the Imperium (back in the good ole days of the Crusade).
Instead, they took a sharp left to the 'Island of Misfit Toys'.

These things are NOT CSM. They have no sense of it. They have none of the aesthetic.
They are TOYS! (so hypocritical, I know...railing about this over my 'toy soldier' game, but there it is).
They look like they belong in a Hasbro aisle at our local Toys R Us.

I am affronted by the aesthetic, and the dumbing down of something that shouldn't be.
First, we cannot risk offending mummy and daddy, so we'll take the boobies off Daemonettes...now this?
I don't want to play Voltron, I gave up Zoids ages ago...
put these fuckers where they belong, in the damned Daemon 'dex.

Give me variant Land Raiders.
Give me Dreadclaws.
Give me Helltalons...
use the gawdzdamned sculpting and mold assets to give us good shit...not just shit.

Don't give me fucking Power Rangers and the 'uncool' half of the 'Heavy Metal' poster...

+++rant off+++

Last edited by Exitus Acta Probat on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://exitusactaprobat1.blogspot.com/
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: Hate stoopid models   Hate stoopid models Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:53 pm

I have to agree man..... although I can tolerate the Helldrake more than the Mauler and Forge fiends. I think with a little converting, the Helldrake can be made to look alot cooler....

Figs had been geting better up until now.... well maybe the Necron wraiths too. They made them too tall. There's no way to gain much cover with them. I like the model, but scale it down a bit.
Back to top Go down
Crawling Chaos

Crawling Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Hate stoopid models   Hate stoopid models Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Have you guys seen the models in person or just pictures? I did not like the picture of that four legged walker with the double gats. But, now, having seen it up close, I gotta say it looks pretty badass. And I like the look of the new Matrix style wraiths. Makes me want to pick up some just to paint. And, really!? Cover!? It's got a 3++. Why would it ever care about cover.
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: Hate stoopid models   Hate stoopid models Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 9:38 pm

I agree Brian, the wraiths are a cool model, just way to friggin' tall. They need to be smaller like Monger's wraiths.

The 3++ is awesome, but I'm talking about line of sight blocking cover. Wink

I've only seen the pics......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hate stoopid models   Hate stoopid models Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hate stoopid models
Page 1 of 1