Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheating at a event

Go down 
+4
Hand of Dume
Josh
Exitus Acta Probat
Drkmorals
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Drkmorals
Admin
Drkmorals

Cheating at a event Empty
PostSubject: Cheating at a event   Cheating at a event Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: Cheating at a event   Cheating at a event Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 4:32 pm

Thoughts, in both order of importance AND personal issues...

a) ejection from event, period end of story. even first die roll of first game, using loaded dice indicates a most loathesome personality and a stain on our hobby. cheating is cheating, but things like points can be honest mistakes (see 1st NOVA winner), as can a rules misinterpretation...loaded dice represents the lowest of the low. (now that being said, the 'perp' is claiming ignorance of the dice...as in, it was in a pool of die he grabbed and went with, not realizing what he used).
b) I am not happy with this trend from Natfka...this, and his crusade against all events not 'true 6e' are starting to smack of BoLS
c) it's TastyTaste bringing this to light...he is filth, even though it has nothing to do with the subject matter.

end of input :-)

Last edited by Exitus Acta Probat on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://exitusactaprobat1.blogspot.com/
Josh

Josh

PostSubject: Re: Cheating at a event   Cheating at a event Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:35 pm

I don't believe the cheater for a second. Anyone that has felt a loaded die immediately knows that something is wrong with it and that is weighted.

It is why I have been saying for some time that major tournaments should hand out chessex dice for all the top tables and not allow anyone to use their own dice.

If this is true, that this guy got caught using a load dice, I would not allow him to play in any tournaments in the near future. Our hobby is based on trust and honesty, people purposely subverting it should be punished accordingly. There is no honest mistake using a loaded die in my opinion.

Definitely against what ML stands for...aka what EAP said!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: Cheating at a event   Cheating at a event Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 9:24 pm

Shite... Pure bullshite!!

I would post his name to tarnish him for future tourneys. Ignorance my ass.... hang that scurvey dog from the yard arm!
Back to top Go down
Crawling Chaos

Crawling Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Cheating at a event   Cheating at a event Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 5:07 am

It's hard for me to call for a lifetime ban on some one based on this article alone. I have been on the receiving end of a false accusation and let me tell you, it sucks. Reputation is all we have in this game and it takes a long time to build. But only a single post to destroy. So, I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the player. However, he should have been kicked out of the entire event. It would have stuck in his mind better than anything else.

Ps, I showed the pic of the dice to a Warmachine buddy, and he thinks he may have been robbed of an Origins game. His opponent made an insane number of tough rolls. (think Feel No Pain 5+). Dude made ~ 95% of them. So be aware, those dice are out there.

Pps. Nice double negative, EAP!
Quote :
c) it's TastyTaste bringing this to light...he is filth, even though it hasn't nothing to do with the subject matter.
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: Cheating at a event   Cheating at a event Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:01 am

GAH! Sad
there are days I hate my phone! Very Happy
(fixed)
Back to top Go down
http://exitusactaprobat1.blogspot.com/
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Cheating at a event   Cheating at a event Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:59 am

Instant ejection from tourney seems appropriate but tar and feathering might be over the top. No need to drag his name thru the mud but future events need to keep a close eye on him. A second occurance would warrent banning for a year and maybe publicly denouncing "named" player just to let the community understand that cheating is not tolerated. I would certainly hope the first time would teach them a lesson Suspect .
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Cheating at a event   Cheating at a event Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:31 am

It doesn't really matter to me what the act of cheating is or was in a Tournament.

Weighted dice
Over on Points
Shaving Hit points or Hull points
etc, etc

The only result is DQ and ejection.

A Ban is too far. I think a stain on the reputation for that one tourney is enough if they are a regular. If they are a drop in then they probably won't come back due to guilt or embarrassment of being caught.
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
dewen

dewen

PostSubject: Re: Cheating at a event   Cheating at a event Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Edge wrote:
It doesn't really matter to me what the act of cheating is or was in a Tournament.

Weighted dice
Over on Points
Shaving Hit points or Hull points
etc, etc

The only result is DQ and ejection.

A Ban is too far. I think a stain on the reputation for that one tourney is enough if they are a regular. If they are a drop in then they probably won't come back due to guilt or embarrassment of being caught.
I completely agree with Edge.

I can't stand cheaters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheating at a event   Cheating at a event Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheating at a event
Page 1 of 1