Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DA Codex(and Q&A if desired)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

DA Codex(and Q&A if desired) Empty
PostSubject: DA Codex(and Q&A if desired)   DA Codex(and Q&A if desired) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 8:51 am

Well, after perusing (admittedly, it's only been a once over) I am pleased.

Not necessarily for the reasons most would be.

It appears that DA are quite like CSM.
The costs, power levels, and synergies may very well pan out to be similar.
It is apparent where they went to effort to make the 'dex relatively unique, AND complimentary to allied contigents/allies.
Some of the equipment synergies are very nice, and actually appropriately costed.

They 'heavy' command units cannot be made troops, so if you want that FNP Deathwing squad you give up hefty points AND a troops slot (things follow that trend).
Flakk missiles for MSU Tacticals was a good thought, and allows a 'cheap' flakk option for allies...good application there.
Though punishing to the individual book, I also think they're getting their flyer costs on par with where they should be. It may hurt me from one perspective, but overall it is healthier for the hobby.

From an internal AND external balancing point, I have to give thumbs up to the DA book. (additionally, it appears that the book won't immediately invalidate CSM as the given 6e trend...in fact, if the 6e arsenal continues in this direction I can see CSM maintaining validity until much later in the current cycle).

A far more thorough review will be forthcoming, but these are my initial thoughts. Much reading (at the cost of work I am doing as well) will be going on today.

If anyone has questions, post 'em here and I'll answer as I can get to them.
Back to top Go down
http://exitusactaprobat1.blogspot.com/
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: DA Codex(and Q&A if desired)   DA Codex(and Q&A if desired) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:27 am

EAP wrote:
noting;
Quote :
1750 is a very different dynamic than 1850+, the list starts to lose cohesive synergy above 1750 and I am aware of that

Please explain why it loses cohesive synergy after 1750.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: DA Codex(and Q&A if desired)   DA Codex(and Q&A if desired) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:33 am

This was from a different section and I'm posting his answer here also.

EAP wrote:
Quote :
it's kind of like orks (though in the opposite direction) over a certain point-limit.

Orks rock at 1500, because of sheer numerical superiority. over 1750 they start to lose ground as the body count ceases to have as much an impact (added bodies I mean) and the opponent gets to really start throwing down 'specialty' units without much of an impact on their primary core...stuff that can be a real headache for orks.

once you jump up to 2k, just adding more DW/RW doesn't add a great deal to the army. one more unit of 5x termies (or 6x bikes) isn't all that and a bag of chips...whilst at the same time, other players are adding entire 250 contingents of speed/terminator hate, hence the need to 'shift' focus after a certain breakpoint (or change the core a bit more first
).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DA Codex(and Q&A if desired)   DA Codex(and Q&A if desired) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DA Codex(and Q&A if desired)
Page 1 of 1