Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dewen

dewen

Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 1:19 pm

Warhammer 40K Tournament

Hosting every other month on the second Saturday.

Hobby Shop
153 Springboro Pike
Dayton, OH 45449
(937) 436-6161

Registration
Maximum 16 players. Precedence for registered gamers given over walk-ins, unless registered gamers arrive after 10:30. See Tournament Rules

Email preregistration ends Thurs 3/12 Midnight EST. After that time, emails will be treated as walkins.

$10 entry with store gift certificates awarded to top placements.  Prize amounts depend upon number of participants and store support.  Maximum 16 players due to store limitations. Rankings determined by Win-Loss-Draw then total Game Points

Schedule
• Check-in 10:00-10:30. Anyone arriving after 10:30 is considered late.
• Pairings at 10:45am
• Games start 11:00am
• 30 min break for lunch after Round 1
• 3 rounds timed 2 hours each. Tentatively, finish at 7pm

Missions

Tournament Rules

Gaming Ettiquette

Model Policy

[Updated Tournament Rules 2/26/2015]
[Added Player Etiquette 02/20/2015]
[Added Model Policy 02/26/2015]
[Added Missions 03/08/2015]

Last edited by dewen on Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:40 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Painnen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:44 pm

So a warhound Titan, a culexus assassin, and a nemesis strike force detatcemt and x2 dread knights. Sounds fun.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Painnen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:47 pm

Ohhhh, or a summon-seer, two units of wind rider jet bikes, x3 units of dire avengers in wave serpents, and a revenant Titan...oooooh fun.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Painnen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:51 pm

Or.... Adamantium lance formation (x1 errant), ethereal, x20 kroot, x2 riptides with interceptor and heavy burst cannon, x1 riptide with interceptor and heavy ion cannon!! The possibilities!
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 9:02 am

dewen wrote:
Quote :
Details to follow for missions and tournament rules.

maybe, maybe not
Back to top Go down
dewen

dewen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Warmonger wrote:
dewen wrote:
Quote :
Details to follow for missions and tournament rules.

maybe, maybe not

I will get them posted in the next couple weeks which will give players a couple weeks to get ready. Missions will be like the fun format I ran in January with a variety of ways to score.
Back to top Go down
dewen

dewen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 10:03 am

Painnen wrote:
Ohhhh, or a summon-seer, two units of wind rider jet bikes, x3 units of dire avengers in wave serpents, and a revenant Titan...oooooh fun.

As far as your beloved revenant titan, I will have a cap (pts/percentage) on LoW, which will probably not allow for it. Not that I am targeting you directly Painnen. I noticed Frosty Con 2015 set the limit to 33% of the 1500 point lists or 500 pts.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Painnen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 1:10 pm

Lol, idc what the rules are. I'm just not bringing a fluffy bunny this go 'round.
Back to top Go down
dewen

dewen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 2:34 pm

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant. Just giving you a heads up on what's to come.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Painnen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 7:55 pm

If I do go fluffy, I might take ad-lance and all 4 assassins.
Back to top Go down
dewen

dewen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 6:42 pm

Details posted. Please provide feedback. I'd like to have these locked down at least 2-3 weeks before the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Painnen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Completely reasonable rule set. Looking at some of the data slates myself to work around the 0-1 allied detachment but I bet my idea is legit. I'll also check out the legal LoW to see if there is something ridiculous out there that people might have.
Back to top Go down
dewen

dewen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 9:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I may adjust 0-1 Allied detachment to just be as many as you want but each ally is unique.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Painnen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 9:31 pm

I wouldn't relax it if i were you. I already think under these rules that I could make one ridiculous death star. Heading downstairs soon to read up on some of these data slates to see if they are detachments or if they have to be allies.
Back to top Go down
dewen

dewen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 10:02 am

I may add the following...

Quote :
Allied Detachments may be chosen from the same Faction as your Primary Detachment. This effectively allows a Faction to ally with itself

This allows for older codices with no formations to choose a CAD and ally with itself, which in a way is creating a custom formation. Adepticon and other large tourneys have this rule.

I may also change the following
> 0-1 Allied Detachment

To:
> Any number of unique Allied Detachments. Each Allied Detachment is considered unique (0-1) and may not be duplicated. For Example: If I have a CAD CSM and choose an Allied Detachment Chaos Daemons, I cannot have another Allied Detachment Chaos Daemons, but I could choose Allied Detachment Dark Eldar.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Painnen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 6:04 pm

Allied with self is the most common variation. (Namely since its a lot more tame than multiple CADs for the same faction.) I have no problem with this.

You will notice that opening up multiple allied detachments that you get some crazy deathstars. Allied detatchments are also ObSec so that is much more powerful than say a detachment from a formation. Likely cheaper to get to powerful HQs than formations too. Not always but possible. Formation taxes have kept some combos tame but I predict this go 'round you see a lot of imperial armies. Idc about this either but seeing as you nerfed the LoW and opened up multiple detatchments, this is were you will see your biggest abusers.

Painnen's Predictions for this tournament...

1) Coteaz or an inquisitor in nearly every army. Yes, even armies that are not Battle Bros will hide him on a quad gun or a shorty acolyte squad. Double seize and a lvl 2 psycher for 100 points is a steal. Not to mention how utterly ridiculous Master of Ambush is, and the protection that those 3pt servo skulls offer is unparalleled.
2) Armies that get Invisibility will rule the game. It is very easy to spam OBSec scout squads to grab H2H monsters from different codices as allies. Well, they'll rule the day unless...
3) Culexus assassins for everyone! No better way to combat Invisy than a pesky 140 point tax that is both lethal in and of itself as well as harder than most to kill. Couple that with a 100 point building that you get to place every game for LoS terrain and a 12" escape hatch that you can use to pop the assassin out of to debuff a nasty deathstars, or drop on an objective that is hard to get to otherwise for a free grab or block later in the game.
4) A Stormsword would be a real MVP for Astra Militarum if they too have a cunning Culexus. Doubt you'll see many but as far as LoWs go, this one probably takes the cake. Brass scorpions could cause some havoc but doubt they'll be out in force.
5) Last prediction, if x5 Flyrants show up, I bet that army wins the whole thing. I for one would be hard pressed to gun that many down before they erased the weaker parts of my list. And a list like that has enough dice to combat invis as its being cast along with ample dakka and shadows in the warp.
Back to top Go down
dewen

dewen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 10:23 pm

Do you support the "may" changes in my previous post?

If you can't ally with yourself how do you get 5 flyrants? Is there a crazy formation with 3?
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Painnen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 10:38 pm

yes, there is a formation with 3...think it's from Baal or something.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Painnen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 10:56 pm

i do support the "may" but i honestly don't think it matters too much one way or the other.

This is possible under your rules and so far, it's the list i'm currently testing against.

NSFD w/draigo,lvl3 libby, x5 termies/incinerator, x2 NDKs w/incinerator,sword,teleporter
Inquisitorial Detatchment w/coteaz
Assassinorium Detatchment w/Culexus Assassin or Evesor Assassin
Allied Detatchment w/Tigerius (or Severin Loth), x5 Scouts, x5 Centurians (one lascannon version w/splitfire)

Gate kinda lets me ignore the big scout moves as you can use it as a semi-Hit and Run manuver and it's guarenteed with Draigo. I like Tigerius personally and I think he can get me Invisibility fairly reliably but i'm not against using Red Scorpion Chapter Tactics and Severin Loth for guarenteed Invisibility. Taking a Culexus myself to either pump him up with my own Warp Charges for some crazy stupid good shooting and the ability to shut down Invisibility or...an Evesor Assassin to hunt down my opponent's Culexus Assassin.

This is where I have problems with the flyrants. They can easily pester my weaker units with those x12 Twin Linked shots and at the same time be immune to charges from my NDKs as well as their flamers. I can at best shoot at two a turn and likely only shred one per turn. That means that the other 4 can fairly likely drop one of my NDKs a turn in return fire or worse, shut down my defensive spells through shadows/weight of dice and focus down the deathstar before I can do too much damage to them.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Painnen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 11:12 pm

another list, completely legal under CAD + x1 Allied Detatchment rules, is my tau list.

Pretty standard Farsight Enclaves + Tau list. x11 suits, x8 (essencially BS5 and Twin Linked) Marker Lights, x3 Riptides, and a baby firewarrior squad. x5 ObSec units and a tremendous amount of skyfire/interceptor/twin linked shooty goodness. I call it Tic-TAC-Tau (which always makes the locals laugh) but it just does well. It seems to be in about every game that has any amount of LOS blocking terrain on it. Jump Shoot Jump is still wicked good but vs. other alpha striking shooty lists, it's a nail biter.

Hands down my favorite list to play. People will say it's strong but not OP.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Painnen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 11:19 pm

another option, totally within CAD + x1 Allied Detatchment is my Shadow-Sight bomb list. No, it's not the flimsy thing I took last time, it's a full 23 man farsight bomb list full of nasties. It allies with Eldar for x2 more ObSec units in windrider jetbikes as well as a summon-seer that should have enough dice to cast at least one summoning spell per turn. It has x5 total ObSec units, and x2 decked out Riptides. Strong, precision list that wants to go 2nd ALL THE TIME however. Going first really hurts the list in so many ways.

That's why the last goofy list I brought was so hit or miss. It had less internal balance and even more dependancy on going 2nd as it could not protect itself enough.
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Painnen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:09 am

The funkiest marine army I could brainstorm up at first glance would be...

White Scars CAD w/CM/bike and all trimmings, Khan, x5-man bodyguard unit w/x5 gravguns, apoth, and x3 5-man bike squads w/x2 special weopons
SM Allied Detatchment w/CM/bike and all the trimmings, 5-man bike squad w/x2 special weopons
SW Allied Detatchment w/Lord/mount/ and all the trimmings, 10-man grey hunter squad in drop pod with x2 special weopons/melta bombs.

9-man mini deathstar (but no psychic defence or buffs, went this route to ignore the Culexus' effects) x7 ObSec units

I'd like to see something with the tyrannic war veterens formation but I don't have the models to do that one. This list loses a lot of balance by neglecting the psychic phase as well as having no real answer to flyers. It fears very little on the ground with all the high STR ID weopons it can bring to melee, podding in meltas, grav out the wazzu, and any combination of special weopons you want that went unnamed (x10 special weopons of your choice between x5 units!)
Back to top Go down
Painnen

Painnen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:25 am

my favorite Adamanitium Lance formation list doesn't need cheese rules either.

Adamantium Lance Formation, w/x3 Imperial Knights
Nemesis Strike Force Detatchment w/lvl3 Libby, Liber Demonica, x5 Termies w/Psycannon, x2 NDKnights w/Incinerators, Swords, and Teleporters.

This list plays like 6th ED GKs...get to the middle of the board and start killing stuff. Everything goes to the middle and camps as best as it can. If you go second, it's even better as you get a chance to react to suicidal pods etc. with your formation's 1st turn Deepstrike ability or by using your shunt moves to pincer in your opponents. The NDKs also provide a bit of stability vs. meltas on your flanks, if you choose to deploy them right beside the Knights. The libby has x4 chances at Gate for late game grabs or turn by turn objective hopping.

Loads of weakness'. Mainly, no anti-air or ObSec. x6 Psychic levels isn't nearly enough to combat big power dice summoning lists but it lets you toss about x10 dice at trying to nullify them. You also have nothing but those dice to stop Invisibility.

Hmmmm, ADLance with the entire Assassin Detatchment, Bunker w/hatch and Com's link could be pretty funny. Quad gun instead of Commlink could give your Vindicare some respectable anti-air options as well. LOL, might test this too for giggles. (this list is legal without any detatchment restrictions as well)
Back to top Go down
dewen

dewen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 10:53 am

After I gave it some thought. The Allied Detachment gets a little tricky on the wording.

> Any number of unique Faction for Allied Detachments. Each Faction of Allied Detachments is considered unique (0-1) and may not be duplicated. For Example: If I have a Combined Arms Detachment of CSM and choose an Allied Detachment of Chaos Daemons, I cannot have another Allied Detachment Chaos Daemons because Faction Chaos Daemons becomes unique for Allied Detachments. I could choose Allied Detachment of Dark Eldar. I could also add Dataslate Belakor. Even though, Belakor could be chosen as an HQ for the Chaos Daemons, it is a Dataslate and, therefore, does not violate the unique Faction for Allied Detachments.
Back to top Go down
dewen

dewen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 11:05 am

Painnen wrote:
my favorite Adamanitium Lance formation list doesn't need cheese rules either.

Adamantium Lance Formation, w/x3 Imperial Knights
Nemesis Strike Force Detatchment w/lvl3 Libby, Liber Demonica, x5 Termies w/Psycannon, x2 NDKnights w/Incinerators, Swords, and Teleporters.

Do you own 3 Imp Knights?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hobby Shop (Dayton) Mar 14th 40K Tournament
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next