Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Empty
PostSubject: Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)   Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Grey Knights (roughly)
coteaz
libby
Henchmen (dbl plas, storm bolters, chimera)
Henchmen (dbl plas, storm bolters, chimera)
5x GKSS (psiback)
5x GKSS (psiback)
10x purifiers (rhino)
10x interceptors
PsiRifleman
PsiRifleman
Dreadknight

Daemons (roughly)
3x heralds of Tzeentch on chariots
2x 6 fiends
5x bloodcrushers
2x 5 horrors
3x 8 bloodletters
3x soulgrinders

Dawn of War
3 objectives (one center, two offset to left of center either dep zone)

Last edited by Exitus Acta Probat on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://exitusactaprobat1.blogspot.com/
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)   Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:23 pm

I win first turn, bring everthing on full speed, creating a 'warp quake' bubble...no shooting to speak of, and secure center/right side of the table.
secured over 50% of the table with shunting interceptors, and GKSSs in psibacks, kicking off warp quake.

Bottom of two, he splits and gets preferred half;
2 heralds
2 grinders
2 units of horrors
a unit of fiends...
(chopping his normal game plan utterly, to compensate for loss of half the board)

one herald mishaps, back into reserves
one soulgrinder dies to warpquake
one unit of fiends dies to warpquake...
he shoots, and I lose 2 interceptors
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)   Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:45 pm

Top of two, move to center...
kick off warp quake, securing most of the center.
Interceptors occupy primary central terrain, and back off a little on the left (creating a bait-bubble).
NDK jumps behind a building.
Coteaz and 2nd chimmy move up the center, backed by warp-quaking GKSSs and Purifiers.

shooting kills herald and soulgrinder.

he gets in
bloodcrushers and 3 units of bloodletters arrive.
drops into the bait-bubble far left corner, and moves up horrors.
(coteaz fires on the crushers, nets 7 wounds of which two are plasma, and all saves are made)
one unit of letters mishaps, I place him immediately in front of my Dreadknight.
runs position him for turn 3.

his shooting kills 2 more interceptors (1 is a psycannon)...
he now occupies 1/3 of the board, furthest from the objectives.
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)   Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Top of turn 3;
the warp quakes shall continue! Smile (all units, including the sole survivor of one combat squadded unit of interceptors..table is now unsafe but one corner).
move into center completely, bring up the NDK to assault crushers.

shooting nets me the entire crusher unit, and a 'letter unit.

no assaults

bottom of turn,
both of his remaining heralds arrive, and naught else!

he advances to assault the NDK, and opens fire on it with the two heralds...with a crux save made, I take two wounds!
He then assaults the NDK with 2 units of 'letters...hoping for weight of dice to end the rampaging beast (who's done nothing but create a DS block the whole game) lol...he puts another wound on the NDK, and loses 3 'letters...and then two more to resolution.

on to 4!
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)   Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:39 pm

Top of 4;
I roll warp-quake, and the lone interceptor fries his brain!!! (but the other units go off).
moving on up, locking down the board, and shooting next!

gunfire devastates all but the heralds...
assault phase, the NDK fails to get off the Dark Excommunication...and mayhem ensues!!!
(mayhem being that the smallest squad of 'letters ANNIHILATES the NDK like a little bitch!)

Bottom of 4;
reserves nets the daemons, his fiend unit...leaving a lonely soulgrinder hiding in the warp. (smart, some would say). He loses one to Dangerous Terrain, that he was dropping in to avoid the quakes.

gloating from prior bloodshed, the 'letters close the gap on the central chimeras and the lone floating unit of interceptors...whose sole purpose appears to be death.

shooting nets him an immobilized Chimera (Coteaz's unit, combined with libby) and a wrecked chimera.

assault blows the multi-laser off Coteaz's chimera.
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)   Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Top of 5;
nothing but shuffling for fire, and wiped everything off the table but a hiding unit of 'letter...the game is called.

there will be some video once I get it uploaded...

Smile

Thanks Drk morals!
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)   Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Nice report, can't wait for the video!
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)   Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Unfortunately, I forgot my Purifiers were in a Rhino (instead of a chimera they were supposed to jack on my first turn)...but continued to shoot as though in a Chimmy.
We talked about it, and it should have made no difference. I'll let him weigh in on that if he wishes, but he agreed.

It was a test of his Daemons vs GK, as he is going to Nova and needs to know what to expect...so all is good. (especially if he doesn't face another cheater, like me, at NOVA...) Surprised

Last edited by Exitus Acta Probat on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)   Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Who did you face at NOVA that cheated?
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)   Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:21 pm

Edge wrote:
Who did you face at NOVA that cheated?

nobody, I was commenting on my own mistake...it was a joke, of sorts (failed, apparently) Wink
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)   Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:20 pm

Nice report EAP. Seems the Warpquake was rocking for you.... you cheatin' bastard! Wink
Back to top Go down
Exitus Acta Probat

Exitus Acta Probat

PostSubject: Re: Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)   Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:23 pm

Hand of Dume wrote:
.... you cheatin' bastard! Wink

Oh I know...but I get caught SO rarely!!! Twisted Evil

(I threw myself under the bus for this one...wait till I load the video...I was so damned pissed at myself) lol
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

PostSubject: Re: Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)   Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:20 pm

I liked this experiment batrep.
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
Drkmorals
Admin
Drkmorals

PostSubject: Re: Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)   Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:12 am

Mike schooled me up good. Lol It was a great test game and I learned a ton. First off Thanks to Mike for a great test game. Hopefully there will be some more of these reports in the future. I really would like to run a few test games vs knights before I throw down my opinion about what chance demons have.

This was not a good game for team Drkmorals I scattered above average and had several rolls for mishap. Warp quake punished me this game. The epic loss was worth seeing Mike s face when he failed his Pychic check and his dread knight fell in battle though. I am not discouraged and look forward to round two.
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)   Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:01 pm

What better player than a fellow Battle Brother to test out lists on. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)   Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live Battle Report...DKM (daemons) vs EAP (Grey Knights)
Page 1 of 1