Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When good blogs go bad...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

When good blogs go bad... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When good blogs go bad...   When good blogs go bad... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:51 pm

Most tourneys are in the 1750-2000 pt area... which averages out to a solid B. I didn't get good grades in school, so I'll take that B. Wink
Back to top Go down
painnen

PostSubject: Re: When good blogs go bad...   When good blogs go bad... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:36 am

ah, good, then there is some understanding and clarity going on. To give CSM a "B" is as fair as I think anyone can wish for. Being so old of a codex, it's almost noteworthy.

my intention wasn't to bash or give misleading or uniformed opinions but to just toss down a measuring stick and tell why I thought so.

my way to thinking is that I wouldn't want to go into a tournament with a "B" rated army if I wasn't really really sure I could win the tough or quirky games. am I a flavor of the month player? no. do I look at the event and make a judgement call? sure do. took 'nids just a couple of weeks ago. might take them (in a horrendously fluffy compilation) instead of Duel Lash next weekend. I could play 'nids vs. anything blindfolded since I know them so well. I'm sure those of you that enjoy the CSM book and are winning with it are making the same type of choice. There is no discredit in winning at any level.

my thoughts about 'nids parallel CSM. Excellent, almost broken at lower points levels. The higher you go the more the list will either fail or completely change to a whole other list. (this is unlike CSM however, as i think they just spam more filler units and 'nids need to exchange numbers for a greater concentration of anti-mech. paying a premium for it all the while).

good to have this discussion. you guys are very active compared to other boards. being locals makes it all the more worthwhile conversation. i really do hope to play most of you in the future, let's just hope it doesn't take until 6th ed.
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: When good blogs go bad...   When good blogs go bad... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 7:58 am

Agreed... being local, I think we will definately cross paths. There is usually at least a couple us at the local events.

Thanks for the discussion and come on back anytime.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: When good blogs go bad...   When good blogs go bad... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:49 am

Absolutely come back and post anytime. By the way I've been trying to place a face on you and by God I've done it. I know who you are. We've talked a few times in the past. Glad to have you on the boards!
I never got a chance to congratulate you on placing 1st at the Bookery last month as you had to leave before I found out, so Congrats. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wayno

Wayno

PostSubject: Re: When good blogs go bad...   When good blogs go bad... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:48 pm

1850-2000 + Wayno = A+. "I just had to do that" If for nothing else, a good laugh. Razz

I have found that the higher the point level the less heavy hitting Chaos is. I have played 3000 pt games and brought everything on foot. That seemed to be the way to do it with all those guns pointing at me. And that many points of Chaos on foot can be very tough to break down. Maybe the new Chaos book will bring some new cheese for the Chaos gods.

That is the main reason I got rid of my Tyranids. I didn't care much for that new Bug book. You can do some good stuff with it but it was badly nerfed in my opinion. Although I wish now that I still had them because I always thought they were a cool army and I had everything that I would ever need. Oh well! Cool
Back to top Go down
painnen

PostSubject: Re: When good blogs go bad...   When good blogs go bad... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:08 pm

hahahhahaha, wayno, you make a point.

Since I cannot start threads and such, I wanted to let everyone here know that Epic Loot is starting another league. Some kind of map campaign. Bring my lacheys with me this go round. Look forward to seeing some (if not all) of you there.
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

PostSubject: Re: When good blogs go bad...   When good blogs go bad... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:27 pm

Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When good blogs go bad...   When good blogs go bad... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When good blogs go bad...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2