Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CSM vs Bugs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

CSM vs Bugs Empty
PostSubject: CSM vs Bugs   CSM vs Bugs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:13 pm

So... I was supposed to play against Monger today at the Bookery, but our ML mercenary, Ian , decided to go and he played in my stead. I'll give the report then post some pics we took, sorry no video report this time.

Rolls determined that they would play the mission Crusade with Hammer and Anvil deployment. Ian won the roll and chose to defer..... also didn't seize. 3 objectives occupied the table.... one in each deployment zone and one neutral in the middle of the table

Monger deployed his 2 units of cultists and 2 units of obits around his objective while keeping 2 winged Tzeentch princes, 2 units of marines in rhinos and 3 helldrakes in reserve.

Ian deployed a unit of 20 gaunts around his objective and hid 2 flyrants and 2 Harpy's behind a large building. A unit of 3 warriors were hid behind a center building near the neutral obj. Keeping his Trygon prime, Trygon, 20 gaunts in a pod, a nd the Doom in a pod in reserve.

Round 1
Monger blasted Ian's warriors with plasma cannons taking out 2. Ian surged forward with his flying MC's.

Round 2
2 of Monger's helldrakes came in from reserve and he blasted one of Ian's Harpy's leaving only 1 wound remaining. While also hanging tight in the ruins with the rest of his force. Ian's reserves brought in his Prime but his other Trygon ended up scattering off the table and dying from the mishap roll (bummer dude!). He put the Prime right up behind the Chaos forces holed up in the ruin. The podded Doom came in also, landing right beside the same ruin while the flying MCs surged forward. The Prime shot a few cultists up and one flyrant peroxismed a unit of obits while the Doom sucked the life out of a few cultists.

Round 3
Mongers 2 Princes come on the board and kill the Prime. He flies the Helldrakes over to Ian's objective and bale flames some bugs. The other frying the last warrior. Twin linked plasma guns wipe the last wound of the crippled harpy. The Doom takes out an oblit too. Ian's reserves brought in the remaining podded gaunts. A flyrant swoops over to position himself to assault a prince. Does so and kills him.

This is all from memory, mind you, which has deteriorated over the years. If I'm missing anything Monger chime on in.....

I'll post the rest later....... Stay tuned.... Same Bat time, same Bat channel, same ML forum....

Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

CSM vs Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSM vs Bugs   CSM vs Bugs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:20 pm

Looks good so far...don't forget to post the army lists.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

CSM vs Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSM vs Bugs   CSM vs Bugs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:42 pm

To help out HoD here is my list. I changed it slightly at the last minute due to some AB issues. I've listed the psychic powers they ended up with also. My warlord trait was "Inspiring Presence"

My List:

Daemon Prince w/ Tzeentch, wings, p. armour, Lvl 2 psycher (Tzeentch's firestorm, endurance)
Daemon Prince w/ Tzeentch, wings, p. armour, Lvl 2 psycher (Tzeentch's firestorm, smite)

10 Cultists w/ 9 autoguns
10 Cultists
5 Chaos Space Marines w/ plasma, rhino-dozer blades, dirge caster
5 Chaos Space Marines w/ plasma, rhino-dozer blades

Heldrake w/ baleflamer
Heldrake w/ baleflamer
Heldrake w/ baleflamer

3 Obliterators w/ Nurgle
3 Obliterators w/ Nurgle
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

CSM vs Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSM vs Bugs   CSM vs Bugs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:04 pm

Ian's list from memory also....

Tyrant- bonded exo, scything talons, heavy venom cannon, adrenal, wings
Tyrant- bonded exo, scything talons, strangle thorn cannon, adrenal, wings
3 warriors- barbed strangler, scything talons, 2 devourers
20 gaunts- fleshborers, mycetic spore
20 gaunts- fleshborers
2x Harpys- scything talons, spore mine cysts, stinger salvo, t.l. Stranglethorn cannon, sonic screech
Trygon prime- adrenal
Trygon- adrenal
The Doom- mycetic spore
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

CSM vs Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSM vs Bugs   CSM vs Bugs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:27 pm

Turn 4
Monger's 2 Marines squads come onto the board racing towards the center objective. His warlord prince takes out the Flyrant in revenge for the loss of the other prince, while the 'drakes go into hover mode and continue to bale flame the gaunts sitting on the objective in cover. The oblits throw a couple melta shots at the Doom who caused a wound on them and insta kill him. Ian's turn offers him minimal shooting, but he proceeds to move his last Flyrant and Harpy towards each other in Mongers deployment zone.

Turn 5

Monger vector strikes the Dooms pod, easily destroying it, while the other 'drakes use their bale flames to take out the rest of the gaunts by Mongers objective and take out a few more on Ian's objective.... but still a few remained on the "home" objective. Monger moves his Marines to take the center objective and lines up the rhinos to form a wall to keep the Flyrant from contesting. Monger also uses the Tzeentches firestorm to take out the last Harpy. Ian's turn 5 mainly was his Flyrant making a dash to contest the middle objective, but alas falls short.

Ian rolls for turn 6 and as a result of the roll, the game ends as a draw with eac holding one objective apiece. Monger also takes first blood...
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

CSM vs Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSM vs Bugs   CSM vs Bugs Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 7:51 pm

Ian played a fantastic game. He had a game plan and stuck to it even when things didn't look very good for him towards the end and nearly managed a draw. We both had linebreaker and I got first blood which gave me the win 3-2 vp's. Well played Ian. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CSM vs Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSM vs Bugs   CSM vs Bugs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CSM vs Bugs
Page 1 of 1