Martial Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EGC Battle Breif's

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Warmonger

Warmonger

EGC Battle Breif's Empty
PostSubject: EGC Battle Breif's   EGC Battle Breif's Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:22 pm

I went to Eastside Games & Cards this past weekend to get my monthly gaming fix and to play some of the primer missions for CAGBash. I played three tough opponents with tough lists, met someone new and talked with a former opponent from Buckeye Battles last year. A good day all around! Smile

my list: nothing new here. Wink

D. Lord w/ warscythe, weave, orb, mss (x2)
5 Warriors w/ NS (x2)
5 Warriors (x2)
5 Pretorians w/ void blades, particle casters
6 Wraiths w/ 3 whip coils (x3)
Annihilation Barge

1st Game: VanGuard Strike, Crusader- 4 objectives
James Curry- GK
We've matched up several times now and the games are always tough. He is good General and his lists always bring the pain. His list from memory.

Cortez
Inquisitor Lord
Purgation squad w/ razorback- fancy ammo
6 Henchmen w/ 3 plasma, razorback- fancy ammo (x3)
5 henchmen w/ 5 Death cult assassins (x2)
2 Stormravens
3 Shooty Dreads w/ fancy ammo

We lined up and had NF first turn. The Inquisitor Lord and one henchmen/assassin squad in a stormraven, the other henchmen/assassin squad in the other Stormraven were in reserve along with one other henchman squad on foot. James had first turn and began by pouring on the fire power into my wraith units eventually killing 9, ouch!
After that pounding all the D. Lord, wraiths and Pretorians rushed into the center objective which had some good LoS blocking terrain and hid the rest of the turn Shocked

James turn 2 had the Stormraven w/ the Inquisitor Lord come on, he heads straight toward my objectives with it. His targets were fewer this turn (because they were hiding) so he only managed to kill a few warriors and a couple of Pretorians and another wraith. My turn 2 and the "Necrons Strike Back" que star wars music. Both NS's come in and my other warrior squad on foot. The warrior squad on foot moves to control one of my objectives in a piece of terrain filled with tanks similar to huge propane tanks with only entrances and passage ways large enough to fit a single model thru at a time (this important later) Wink I dropped off another unit of warriors to re-enforce my second objective. Between the NS's and A-Barge I take out 2 razorbacks. In the assault phase my Warlord and his wraiths destroy the empty razorback and the D. lord and his unit take out one dread.

Turn 3 his other Stormraven comes in and it heads for my objectives. His henchmen on foot stay in reserve. His purgation squad re-mount their razorback leaving Cortez behind to fend for himself. The Dreads destroyed my A-Barge and the Stormravens shot up one of two warrior squads controlling an objective. Turn 3 and my Warlord and unit move back towards my objectives. The D. Lord and unit duck behind the destroyed razorback. The Pretorians assault Cortez and kill him, then fall back into cover. The loaded NS moves over and dis-embark the warriors on one of his objectives.

Last Turn, James moves each one of the Stormraven to each of my objectives and dis-embarks. The Inquisitor and his unit assault my objective in the open and kill the warriors there. My last objective is way back in the corner in the storage tank terrain. He moves next to it and unloads his troops but rolls badly for terrain. He assaults the warriors but lead with the henchmen and could only get one assassin into the combat. He kills 2 of my warriors but they pass moral. His henchmen on foot come in and control one of his objectives. The purgation squad kills my warriors on his other objective and the Dreads kill the Pretorians. My final turn I move my D. Lord and unit to contest the objective in his deployment zone. My Warlord and unit move and contest the objective that his Inquisitor and unit are controlling. So 2 objectives contested, one not controlled at all and a bad situation for me on the last one. After pile in move he now has 2 assassins that can fight. My warriors must survive or I lose. The assassins go first but only hit once out of 6 attacks, killing one and his henchmen chock, I pass moral and come out with a win 3-1 with first blood, slay the warlord, line breaker to his line breaker. Good Game Smile

Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

EGC Battle Breif's Empty
PostSubject: Re: EGC Battle Breif's   EGC Battle Breif's Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:26 pm

2nd Game: Dawn of War, Purge the Alien (mod.)
Brian Lueger- Chaos Daemons/CSM allies
Brian is a ML member and we have had a long standing rivalry, but as of late he has been getting the better of me in the last few of our games. His list from memory:

Fateweaver
Blood Thirster w/ blessing, might
5 Plague Bearers (x2)
6 Flamers
6 Screamers (x3)

Ahriman
30 cultist's
Heldrake

There was no NF starting out, I lined up my wraiths and D. Lords and A-Barge with the pretorians behind them and kept my warriors in reserve. Brian placed Ahriman and the 30 cultist's in a large ruins and got his preferred wave consisting of Fateweaver, the Blood Thirster, one plague bearer unit and one unit of screamers. He placed them so they could help defend Ahriman and his unit. Everything of mine shot forward as far as they could except for the A-Barge which moved up 6". The A-Barge shoots at the Bloodthirster fails to ground or injure it. Both wraith units with Lords assault the screamer unit killing 4. The Warlords unit could not make it back into combat by pileing in and so broke off.

Turn 2, One unit of screamers come in. Brian assaults with the Blood Thirster into the screamers engaged in hand to hand. Fateweaver misses with his shooting. Ahrimans unit goes invisible. The Bloodthirster kills a wraith and I finish off the screamers. In my turn I get both NS's and a unit of warriors. The warriors go to the other side of the board on my far left. I placed them there to keep them away from harm and if he wants to kill them then his unit will be isolated for the rest of the game. The combined fire power from the NS's and A-Barge ground Fateweaver who is assaulted by my Warlords unit and destroyed. The wraith unit with no Lord assaults Ahrimans unit loses one to over watch. Even invisible the Cultists take terrible damage from the wraiths. The Bloodthirster kills another wraith and takes a couple of wounds himself.

Turn 3 Brian gets his last unit of screamers and plague bearers and his unit of flamers, still no Heldrake. Just for fun he drops his plague bearers over by my warriors. His Flamers come in and nuke the Pretorians. More Cultists die. He assaults into my Warlords unit with the screamers that came in last turn but with out Fateweaver they lose three. The combat with the Bloodthirster is a draw. Due to time this the last turn. My last unit of warriors come on by my other unit. The two warrior units and two NS's kill the plague bearer unit. The Bloodthirster goes down and the screamers in combat are sent back to the warp, more Cultists die but Ahriman keeps them in place. Necron win 10-0.

Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

EGC Battle Breif's Empty
PostSubject: Re: EGC Battle Breif's   EGC Battle Breif's Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:18 pm

3rd Game: Hammer & Anvil, The Emperor's Will (mod.-center objective)
Dan Bush- Necrons/CSM allies
Dan won last month's EGC tourney, not bad for his first one! Cool. Dan is a skilled and smart player. His list from memory:

Warlord w/ warscythe, CCB
3 Stormtech's
8 Immortals w/ NS
8 Immortals w/ NS
8 Immortals w/ NS
3 A-Barge's

Daemon Prince w/ Tzeentch, P-Armour, Wings
30 Cultists
Heldrake

I don't remember about NF but it doesn't play any part in the first turn. We both place our objectives in ruins deep in each others deployment zone across from each other. He puts the Cultists in the ruins with the objective, his CCB and A-Barge in front of them. The other 2 A-Barge and the Daemon Prince on his right flank. I lined up everything across from the ruins with his objective and a warrior squad on my objective and one in reserve.

1st turn: Dan goes first and moves up all the barges setting up some fire lanes. The Daemon Prince swoops forward behind a hill. I move everything up and run towards his objective. I shoot at the D. Prince but do nothing to it.

2nd turn: He gets 2 NS's and the Heldrake from reserves. The Heldrake swoops forward v-striking a unit of wraiths causing no damage and lands behind my line of wraiths heading towards my objective. His CCB moves forward and goes flat out landing behind my wraiths also. The NS's and A-Barges shoot at the wraith units killing a couple and wounding my Warllord. My turn I get one NS's and my warrior unit. The warriors move on to re-enforce my objective. I move my Warlord unit back towers my objective since he is making a run on it. The other two units of wraiths assault the A-Barge destroying it clearing the way to his objective. My A-Barge grounds the D. Prince and my Warlord unit assaults the Daemon Prince causing a couple of wounds

3rd turn: Dan's last NS comes on and guess where it goes? Thats right, toward my objective. The Heldrake continues towards my objective and flames one unit of warriors killing three. One NS leaves the board. The Necron Lord disembarks from the CCB and assaults my Warlord unit. I fail to mss the Prince, he issues a challenge, I decline, stalemate. The NS doesn't come in on reserves. The NS that is on the board moves to his objective and unloads it's warriors. The D. lord and 2 wraith units assault the Cultists, kill a lot and the rest flee. I mss the D. Prince and he kills himself, the Lord issues a challenge, I decline and cause a wound with my wraiths.

last turn: His NS comes back from reserve, he sends one to each of the objectives and disembarks his immortals on board of each one. He controls the center objective but the one's in the deployment zones are going to be tough to take. His immortals destroy my warriors by his D.Zone objective but my wraiths are still contesting. The Heldrake flames both warrior squads by my D.Zone objective finishing off one squad and killing 2 from the other. The Immortals fire on them also but fail to destroy them, they pass moral. Not much to do this turn as the D.Zone objectives are contested. I need to contest the center objective to win. My last NS comes on auto and flies to the center of the board. I need a 3 for difficult terrain to contest, I roll a 3 Very Happy I get the win 3-1.

A fun day of gaming. If you have never been to EGC in Cincy then you should give it a try. tournaments every other month and it is really not that far, an hour or less for most.
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

EGC Battle Breif's Empty
PostSubject: Re: EGC Battle Breif's   EGC Battle Breif's Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:31 pm

Good reports there Monger! Good to see that age hasn't affected your memory. Wink
Back to top Go down
Warmonger

Warmonger

EGC Battle Breif's Empty
PostSubject: Re: EGC Battle Breif's   EGC Battle Breif's Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:21 pm

Oh it has that's why their called "Battle Brief's" and not Battle Reports! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hand of Dume

Hand of Dume

EGC Battle Breif's Empty
PostSubject: Re: EGC Battle Breif's   EGC Battle Breif's Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:24 pm

Warmonger wrote:
Oh it has that's why their called "Battle Brief's" and not Battle Reports! Laughing

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Edge

Edge

EGC Battle Breif's Empty
PostSubject: Re: EGC Battle Breif's   EGC Battle Breif's Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:02 pm

Warmonger wrote:

Funny.

What's funnier is that in the title they are 'Battle Breif's'.

I enjoy reading your reports.
Back to top Go down
http://40k-edge.blogspot.com/
Warmonger

Warmonger

EGC Battle Breif's Empty
PostSubject: Re: EGC Battle Breif's   EGC Battle Breif's Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:50 pm

One of these days I'll get my video's back up and running.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EGC Battle Breif's Empty
PostSubject: Re: EGC Battle Breif's   EGC Battle Breif's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EGC Battle Breif's
Page 1 of 1